10 Paper Lanterns to Make Any Wedding Venue More Fun
There’s just something about breezy outdoor weddings and whimsical paper lanterns that go together flawlessly. Maybe it’s the airy feel of the hanging gems, or the opportunity to add a pop of color to otherwise neutral nuptials. Whatever it is, we. Love. Them. And not only are they easy on your budget (they are made out of paper, after all), but they’ll give all of you darling DIY brides the opportunity to make them! Scroll on for 10 bright ideas to inspire your big day decor.
1. Lace and Lantern Backdrop: Deck out your outdoor party space with long lace and burlap tassels. They’ll give your wedding a sophisticated look, especially when you light up those lanterns in the evening. (via Tulle & Chantilly)
2. Multi-Colored Hanging Lanterns: This music festival-inspired wedding made sure that everyone knew exactly where the party was with playful spheres galore! (via Jessica Reeve Photography / Rock My Wedding)
3. DIY Floral Paper Lanterns: Talk about pretty overload! With just a few clips of cloth, you can turn your plain white lanterns into works of art that will have your guests gawking. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
5. DIY Pineapple Piñata: This might be the cutest little paper lantern we ever did see! You can hang these beauties from above or use them as centerpieces at your tropical soiree — they’re perfect for a beach wedding or chill luau vibes. (via Val Event Gal)
6. Pool Party: A strand of lighted lanterns are like string lights on steroids. Criss-cross them above your reception area to create a stunning look that will illuminate your party all night long. (via Lara Hotz / Nouba)
8. Ribbon Paper Lanterns: This one’s ideal even for the queen of Pinterest fails. Just add a few ribbons to your hanging lanterns and string the same ribbons on other decorations to tie it all together. (via Junebug Weddings)
9. DIY Japenese Lantern: Here’s the *perfect* DIY craft for your destination wedding. You can paint these lanterns ahead of time and then fold them flat in your suitcase as you jet off to your lovers’ paradise. (via Historias De Casa)
Which paper lanterns are your favorite? Follow us on Pinterest for more decor inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.