11 Must-Have Pairs of Patchwork Jeans to Snag RN
If it’s good enough for Gigi Hadid, then it’s more than good enough for us — amirite?! According to our favorite It girl, patched jeans with a DIY aesthetic will be an indispensable addition to your spring wardrobe. “They go along with what I’m really into now, which is artsy-craftsy denim — finding old pieces and making them your own, tailoring them, making them cropped, putting patches on them,” Hadid, who launched her second Tommy x Gigi collection last month, told WhoWhatWear.com. Cue to go out and invest in some embroidered denim? You betcha. While you *could* update a pair of thrifted mom jeans with a slew of rad pins and patches (hello, feminist embroidered jeans of your dreams), who’s got the time for that? Keep scrolling for 10 patched and personalized jeans that you’ll reach for again and again.
1. Rebecca Taylor La Vie Embroidered Jean ($295): You best believe a pair of these relaxed fit, floral embroidered jeans are in order for adventuring on the UES and trekking downtown. If not to inject a little of that je ne sais quoi quality into your daily uniform, then to channel pure elegance on the streets.
2. Zara High-Waisted Patches Jeans ($70): This season, it’s all about personalization — whether it’s via graffiti, paint splatters, or a collection of random heirloom patches ransacked from your great grandmother’s arts and crafts bin. But actually. Get the shabby-chic look with these one-of-a-kind jeans that will make you want to strike a pose.
3. Mango Embroidered Straight Crop Jeans ($80): Make a splash this spring with these floral embroidered crop jeans that promise to break up your wardrobe of neutrals. Fit for a self-proclaimed garden lady, these unassuming bottoms can be teamed alongside a straw tote and a crisp poplin shirt for an impromptu picnic in the park.
4. Pilcro Hyphen Mid-Rise Boyfriend Jeans ($168): Lived-in chic looks a little somethin’ somethin’ like this. Don’t worry — messy bed head’s not required. If not for a routine farmers’ market run, then count these shibori patchwork-inspired jeans “in” for weekend brunch.
5. Driftwood Marilyn Embroidered Skinny Jeans ($128): Let your inner hippie shine with these intricate floral embroidered skinny jeans featuring an of-the-moment frayed hem. With festival season on the horizon (let the countdown until Bonnaroo commence), it won’t be long now before you’re reaching for a flowy off-the-shoulder top or a bell-sleeve blouse.
6. Blank NYC Skinny Boy ($128): Ah, yes. Some granny-inspired patches and minimal distressing to take your weekend game plan (and Fridays spent playing hooky) to new heights. Not only will the slouchy boyfriend fit make you swoon at first sight, but these bad boys dress up nicely too.
7. The Ragged Priest Thorn in My Side Jeans ($95): Alternative boss babes, we. Got. You. These rose-embroidered mom jeans are where it’s at, especially if you’re a wild one at heart. Just add a distressed band tee, mirrored sunnies, and Doc Martens for a DGAF ‘tude.
8. Forever 21 Love Patch Boyfriend Jeans ($35): Hesitant though you may be of this trend that’s been blowing up your Instagram feed, we dare you to uncover a pair of rolled-up jeans more worthy of a road trip, a wild GNO, or even a spring break getaway. Round out your look with Stan Smiths FTW.
9. Topshop Moto Rose Embroidered Mom Jeans ($110): Good girl gone grunge. Make a case for well-placed rose embroideries with these black moto jeans that call for a cropped hoodie, mid-heel ankle boots, and an all-weather anorak. A messy shag not required, but definitely appreciated for a purely punk aesthetic.
10.Frame Sasha P Le Original ($449): Model Sasha Pivovarova teamed up with Frame for a limited edition capsule collection of must-have jeans and jackets. And may we call your attention to this standout pair featuring delicate embroidery? Oh, and did we mention that the designs are based on actual illustrations by Pivovarova? Yep, pretty much #goals.
11. Tommy Hilfiger Skinny Fit Jeans Gigi Hadid ($225): Practically twinning with Hadid is not a bad way to kick off the week, if we do say so ourselves. While investing in a pair of these sartorial stunners *should* be a no-brainer (like duh, why wouldn’t you?), they’ll also hold you down during an upcoming women’s rights march. THOSE freedom-loving patches, though.
Will you be investing in a pair of patched jeans ahead of spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more upcoming style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.