The Perfume You Should Wear Based on Your Zodiac Sign
Scent is the most intimate sense there is. It’s so emotionally evocative because the scent receptors in our brain are closely connected to where our memories are stored. That’s why certain smells remind us of our dorm room decor. Cultivating a signature scent (Scentbird can help with that) is a bit more involved. Now that we know how to wear perfume (and finally have it right!) we’re ready to find the perfect fragrance. We’ve found the perfect perfume for each zodiac sign. The base notes will match your personality traits for a totally astrological and sensory experience.
1. Byredo Gypsy Water ($145): Adventurous and independent, dear Aries lives life a bit like a gypsy, never sitting still for long. Byredo’s spicy, warm scent perfectly complements Aries’s free spirit.
2. Chloé ($105): Chloé’s signature floral, feminine scent matches Taurus’s warm-hearted demeanor in the best way. The sign’s need for reliability and security is met 100 percent with this classic, well-loved scent.
3. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black ($80): A perfume made by twins for twins. The Olsen’s fragrance duo gives balance-seeking Geminis scent options when one of their capricious moods strikes. A versatile perfume for the most adaptable sign in the zodiac!
4. Philosophy Amazing Grace ($78): Approachable and easy to wear, Amazing Grace feeds the emotional and sympathetic side of the zodiac’s fourth sign. Its fresh, clean scent will charm even the most cautious Cancer into wearing it on the daily.
5. Le Labo Santal 33 ($260): Ever-popular, generous and enthusiastic Leo needs a perfume that matches their bigger-than-life personality. The relatively unknown Santal 33 is just the fragrance to keep up with the creative sign. It’ll have strangers stopping to ask, “What are you wearing!?” In other words, a Leo’s dream come true.
6. Maison Martin Margiela REPLICA Flower Market ($125): Virgo’s sense of perfectionism will respond to Flower Market’s balanced, crisp and floral scent. Their analytical and intelligent side will love the lengthy, heady description Margiela gives the scent: “Close your eyes and let the fragrance transport you to the memory of perusing through the multitude of floral compositions, each more delicate and bountiful than the last.”
7. Gucci Guilty ($77): Always the charmer, Libra knows how to work a crowd. True too of Gucci’s uber-popular fragrance, Guilty. Alluring, flirty and easy to wear, Guilty will satisfy Libra’s outgoing personality.
8. Tom Ford Black Orchid ($115): Scorpios are known for being the passionate, dramatic sign of the zodiac. Full of love and emotion, they need a perfume that can match their fire. Tom Ford’s Black Orchid is dark, deep and totally sexy. While most people wear this scent sparingly at night, Scorpio can totally rock this one all day long.
9. Lavanilla Vanilla ($58): Straightforward and optimistic Sagittarius deserves a similarly unpretentious perfume. Lavanilla’s Vanilla perfume is warm without being musky, sweet without being cloying and simple without being boring.
10. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle ($72): Capricorn’s practicality, ambition and drive to succeed can only be matched by the original #girlboss herself, Coco Chanel. Mademoiselle is No. 5’s more wearable, softer counterpart. A perfect scent for practical Capricorns as a daily wear.
11. Bobbi Brown Beach ($74): Sweet, sweet Aquarius — the friendly water sign with a loyal streak a mile long. Bobbi Brown’s nostalgic, summery scent is just as lovable. Together, the pair evokes total endless summer vibes that will make anyone want to be in their orbit.
12. Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb ($115): Kindness and compassion explode out of sensitive Pisces the way jasmine and orchid spill out of the Flowerbomb bottle. It’s all sunshine and roses with the Pisces and Flowerbomb combination. (via Bloomingdales)
Have you picked up any new fragrances lately? Tweet us @BritandCo and tell us what you’re loving for spring!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.