Flaky and Fabulous: 20 Ways to Start Cooking With Phyllo
Phyllo turns food into a party on a plate. Not only can it rock both savory and sweet styles with ease, but it makes simple ingredients look all dressed up. We love it for everything from dinner party goodies to sinful sweets to pretty everyday fare. Add it to your recipe repertoire by trying out one of our 20 favorite phenomenal phyllo recipes.
1. Spinach and Egg Phyllo Cups: Three cheers for breakfast on the go! These handy little egg bites make breakfast easy and — bonus! — get some greens into the first meal of the day. Look at you! Sticking to those resolutions. (via Yummy Mummy Kitchen)
2. Roasted Winter Squash Quiche With Caramelized Onions and Gorgonzola: Wake up to the queen of breakfast goodies — quiche. Your favorite breakfast treat gets an awesome upgrade with a flaky phyllo crust. (via Prevention RD)
4. Wild Mushroom Rice Parcels With Ham and Caramelized Onions: It’s like a whole dinner wrapped up in a tiny phyllo bite! (via Table)
5. Cranberry Pecan Brie Wrapped in Phyllo: This bright and beautiful appetizer is sure to be the star of your next dinner party. It’s the perfect combination: impressive to look at, so easy to make. Get ready for some serious compliments. (via A Beautiful Bite)
7. Mini Berry and Cream Tart: Classic dessert combo berries and cream finds a delicious new home in precious phyllo cups. We love that these tiny tarts are so dainty and colorful. (via Curly Girl Kitchen)
9. Pear Phyllo Crisp: How gorgeous is this rustic pear crisp? This sophisticated dessert combines flaky phyllo, fresh pears and pecans. The results aren’t just visually stunning. This beauty is sure to stun your taste buds too. (via The Cutting Edge of Ordinary)
11. Spinach and Goat Cheese Turnovers: These handheld savory treats pair two of our faves, goat cheese and spinach. They look and taste fancy, even though they’re crazy easy to make. (via These Peas Are Hollow)
12. Caramelized Onion Bites: Combining the addictively delicious textures of crunchy phyllo and caramelized onions is genius. Add cheese and herbs, and we can’t get enough of these tiny rustic tarts. (via The Forest Feast)
16. Bourekas: Bourekas are flaky little stuffed triangle pastries. This recipe offers a couple different stuffing options to help you create the boureka of your dreams. (via The Shiksa In The Kitchen)
18. Phyllo Pizza With Spinach, Feta and Chickpeas: As if pizza wasn’t amazing enough already, try it with a phyllo crust! The flaky texture is pizza perfect and pairs well with this awesome toppings combination. (via Katka Eats)
What are you making with phyllo? Let us know in the comments below.