THIS Is the Most WTF-Worthy Shoe for Spring
Catch ya later, ubiquitous glitter boots that dominated fall. Chanel’s back in action this season with a completely see-through rainy day stomper that proves plastic is indeed fantastic. While they may not glisten like a KiraKira filter, they will keep your toesies dry from the elements — thereby delivering up no shortage of traffic-stopping appeal. Prepare for them to look dope with a trench (accompanying Chanel plastic rain hat to go with), festi-cool with denim cutoffs, and über sophisticated with your grandma’s tweed. Scroll through for 10 PVC and plastic-inspired boots that are as equipped for April showers as a GNO-approved outing.
1. Chanel PVC & Grosgrain Transparent & Black High Boots ($1,350): Karl (Lagerfeld, that is) sure knows how to keep us on our toes. Should you choose to shell out beaucoup bucks on a pair of these haute It-girl stompers — available in both mid-calf and thigh-grazing silos — you’ll fo’ sure make an entrance. (Photo via Chanel)
2. Privileged Shoes Lucite Boots ($148): Coachella Valley hasn’t seen nothing yet. Swap out the overdone fringe for some folksy floral embroidered boots that speak to your inner flower child.
3. Jeffrey Campbell Hurricane Rain Boot ($60): Behold, your beloved Chelsea boots reimagined in rain boot form. The fuss-free, pull-on style — not to mention the slip-resistant sole — calls for some scrunched socks and a rubber ducky yellow slicker.
4. Aldo Gabbi Lucite Heels ($120): “Hold TF up”-worthy? Check. Rihanna-approved? Check. Do ya thing by rocking these lucite block-heeled booties alongside a camo topper for an unapologetically feminist lewk.
5. Forever 21 Lace-Up Rain Boots ($28): Stuck in the ’90s or ready for our IRL unicorn moment? Lisa Frank aficionados, meet your match with these glitter-soled jelly stompers that are about to make puddle jumping 10x more fun.
6. Nasty Gal The Prettiest Star Clear Bootie ($80): When your rainy day #OOTD includes celestial-inspired see-through booties, you know you’re doing something right. Stay dry and rave on!
7. Missguided Clear Heeled Ankle Boot ($72): Now you see them, now you don’t! If that’s not Houdini-level sorcery, then we don’t know what is. Proceed to test-drive these nude pointed-toe booties with everything (we mean, err’thang) in your spring wardrobe.
8. Yeezy Tubular Clear Over-the-Knee Boots ($950): Make like Team Yeezy in a nude high-neck mini dress and a pair of the utilitarian label’s form-fitting clear OTK boots for a dose of Kanye.
9. Gianvito Rossi Helmut Plexi 100 Lace-Up PVC and Leather Ankle Boots ($820): Zero precipitation required to slay on and off the dance floor in these rendezvous-worthy PVC peep-toe ankle booties. Leg-elongating effects to follow.
10. Kendall + Kylie Haven Lucite Bootie ($185): When the Kar-Jenner clan wants to outfit you in sheer lucite booties (peep the metallic cap-toe), you gladly oblige. Just sayin’.
Will you be rocking the season’s most WTF-worthy shoe? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.