Cut Your Post-Workout Beauty Routine in Half With These Gym Bag Essentials
Whether you’re hitting 5am Flywheel classes or sneaking in a light jog in between meetings, finding the time to work out during the day can be tricky. From the pre-run prep to balancing that boxing class with boardroom duties, we know that your well-intentioned cardio sesh can turn into a bonafide inconvenience when you add in the obligatory post-gym beauty routine. Wondering how you can save some time and get from your workout to work life (or better yet, happy hour) in a flash? Well, these post-workout beauty products might do just that. Stocking up on easy-to-tote post-workout essentials means no more racing home to freshen up. So schedule that workout and practice your post-workout hairdo ASAP — these beauty products will have you feelin’ fresh and ready for wherever your day may take you.
FRESHEN UP IN NO TIME
After you cool down from a low-impact class (read: yoga, pilates or barre), the best thing you can do is hop in the shower to slough off any sweat and bacteria. If your studio doesn’t have a shower or if you don’t have time to rinse off, have no fear — these products are your new superheroes.
1. Stridex Daily Care Acne Pads Two Pack ($9): Major beauty alert: These little pads are perfect for swiping on pimple-prone areas. One quick swipe will remove sweat and add a serious dose of salicylic acid to combat flare-ups and breakouts.
2. The Body Shop Tea Tree Cleansing Wipes 25-Count ($15): Before you step into your hot yoga session, we highly recommend wiping off the day’s makeup to ensure that your sweat doesn’t mingle with your makeup and clog your pores. Pro tip: Get more bang for your buck by cutting these in half — that way you can use one half before your workout and the other afterwards.
3. No Tox Life Vegan Natural Deodorant With Enzymes ($20): Okay, so you just got out of a major sweat sesh — we’re guessing you want to keep this whole detox thing going, right? This aluminum-free, vegan deodorant will do just that. The Earl Grey and bay leaf essence is the scent you didn’t know you needed in your life (and your gym bag) until now.
4. evanhealy Facial Tonic HydroSoul ($36): There is literally nothing more refreshing than a spritz (or five) of this organic hydrosol. It’s super hydrating to soothe overworked, overheated skin, plus it will firm and tone your skin.
5. Kiehl’s Musk Essence Oil With Roller Ball Applicator ($26): This concentrated oil is the perfect way to combat post-workout mustiness if you can’t immediately hop in the shower. Musk, despite not sounding super sexy, has a rich, earthy and opulent scent that’s not too overpowering. Dab the rollerball behind your ears, on your inner wrists and behind your knees.
PUT MAKEUP ON IN A PINCH
Repeat after us: Lightweight, multi-use products are your friend. The more blendable, the better! Limit your makeup picks to those that add sheer washes of color to play off your post-workout glow.
6. Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint ($26): Glossier designed this tint with three times less pigment than foundation — this means it’s super sheer, easy to blend and lets skin breathe when you don’t feel like covering up. Which is basically us after every boxing class we’ve ever taken.
7. NARS The Multiple ($39): This little multi-tasker is pure magic. The sumptuous cream-to-powder formula blends easily and adds a healthy glow to your lips, cheeks and eyes. We recommend opting for a peachy pink like Portofino or the cult-classic Orgasm. If you’re a bronzer junkie, reach for Luxor.
TREAT YOUR TRESSES IN A HURRY
All you need are a couple key products, like a dry shampoo and an easy-peasy hair mask, to revive your stressed-out locks. Lucky for you, we’ve got suggestions for both of those.
8. amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo ($10): Sweaty strands, begone! This lightweight formula cleanses, adds volume and deodorizes to refresh hair between shampoos and spin classes. Blast this at the crown of your head and massage it gently into your roots for instantly Insta-worthy locks.
9. Ouai Treatment Masque ($32): This artichoke leaf extract-based product is ideal for sweat-soaked strands that need a little extra TLC. The healing hair mask will repair damage in a matter of minutes, so you can be on your way ASAP.
Looking for more beauty inspiration? Find us on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.