HBD Prince George! 8 Ways to Celebrate His Fashionable First Year
While Prince George may have the same wispy blonde locks as his father William, it’s fairly obvious he got the style genes from his mama Kate. Today on the royal tot’s first birthday, as we find ourselves aww-ing over his adorable wardrobe as much as we swoon over Kate’s head-to-toe looks, it’s obvious that George is already a full-fledged style sensation. Throughout his first fashionable year, Prince George not only proved blue is the new black with his mix-and-match collections of navy and sky blue basics, but he also took some risks (one word: overalls) and showed that even royals could pull off a street style trend. And now we’re here to show you that you don’t have to have your mini’s crib in Buckingham Palace for him to look like a total prince with these eight fashions inspired by the royal birthday boy!
1. Personalized Knit Baby Sweater + Hat ($50): Even up against mom’s gorg hair, pop’s baby blues and one very cuddly pooch, George hands down stole the scene in the royal family portrait. Besides those way-squeezable cheeks, all eyes were on George’s personalized sweater — now you can grab one for your mini (+ a knitted hat!) without busting into the royal bank account.
2. Seersucker Shortalls ($15) + Color Block Polo ($13): George is on Team Overalls (we are too) and he rocks them like a total street style pro. We’re digging the blue-on-blue (way more of that to come!), though we’d outfit our little dude with a color block polo to play up the prep under those seersucker shortalls.
3. V-Neck Cardigan ($17): Prince Jr. broke away from the blue in a big, big way and we have to say we love it. Nerd out and button up your tot in a red or bright orange cardi to channel George’s cozy look.
4. Anchor Polo ($19): George is reppin’ the Royal Navy with his nautical themed onesie, and we’re just as taken with this bright blue polo dotted with navy and red anchors.
5. Jersey Pants ($6): For George, one pair of overalls isn’t enough! We’re taking a cue from the red-pink hue and dolling up our mini with a more casual lookalike.
6. Baby One Piece in Classic Stripe ($29), Jersey Baby Pant ($16) + Classic Stripe Terry Hare ($23): Blue stripes + blue pants = a classic little dude look. We’d even go so far as to treat our tyke with a matching stuffed bunny — we think George would definitely approve!
7. Long Sleeved T-Shirt ($10): George knows the devil’s in the details. While his flair of choice is an oversized Peter Pan collar (awwww!), we have a major soft spot for contrast pockets and elbow patches.
8. Color Block Cotton Cardigan ($50): White on white on white is super fly on Prince George, but you know how we LOVE color. So if we had to choose a copycat look for our mini, we’d play dress-up in this pop of color cardi.
Are you gaga for the royal tot? What’s your fave Prince George look? Or were you too busy ogling Kate Middleton’s chic pregnancy style? Tell us about your obsessions with royal fashion in the comments below.