10 Dresses to Channel Kate Middleton’s Latest Style
Another day, another astoundingly covetable outfit worn by our fave royal, Kate Middleton (Harry — you’re a very close second). While visiting a school in London as part of her role model-worthy engagements schedule, the Duchess of Cambridge stepped out in a deep pink, belted dress by British brand Goat, proving that there’s no problem sticking to conservative silhouettes when you’re willing to work in a major pop of color.
And now, of course, Kate’s got us thinking it might be a good idea to wear pink more often throughout the week. Because pink isn’t just a go-to color for the flirtier moments in life, the soft hue can also look proper + majorly powerful. From pale blush to rich rose, check out these 10 ways to rock every shade like a royal.
1. Goat Tai Dress Geranium (£308): Naturally, Kate’s pick sold out from the site in a flash, but don’t get too down about settling for seconds. We bet this nipped-at-the-waist, A-line number in a dreamy geranium would earn her nod of approval.
2. Whistles Twist Back Dress in Pale Pink (£115): We had to sneak a peek at Kate’s fave retailer to see if there were any Duchess-worthy pink frocks, and this Twist Back Dress is the one. This minimal design makes this dress easy and hyper functional — it’s a win at the office or at the brunch table.
3. Asos Dress in Bonded Crepe With Asymmetrical Hem in Pink ($96): This sculptural number is a FIND. Cap sleeves keep it conservative while an asymmetrical hem makes it cool, and the rich color sends it straight to the top of our “want” list.
4. Kate Spade Saturday Reversible Call Me Dress in Neon Coral ($55): Just because you’re keeping it casual doesn’t mean you have to look any less refined. Kate Spade Saturday gets that, and we’re slow clapping for this reversible jersey dress styled-out to the nines.
5. Kate Spade Saturday Ruffle Sleeve Dress in Neon Coral ($85): Yeah, it’s SO girly, and we could care less. Oversized ruffles act as flirty cap sleeves on this sophisticated dress in neon coral.
6. Baily44 Best Friend Dress in Rose ($70): This swing dress is a real “wear anywhere” number — dress it up with heels and a statement necklace for your summer wedding celebrations or dress it down with preppy sneakers and cropped jean jacket for strolls through your local shopping strip.
7. Forever 21 Sleek Cutout Maxi Dress in Azalea ($20): This flowy maxi is the perfect day-to-night summer dress. Bare those shoulders (and sides!) for the sun and then cover up under a blazer and head to your fave cocktail bar.
8. Forever21 Colorblocked Maxi Dress in Coral/Fuchsia ($18): Stay chic at the beach in this strapless coral maxi dress with two way-fun chevron stripes in the color of the hour. Truth: We’d wear this number off of the boardwalk.
9. Banana Republic Fit and Flare Dress in Fuchsia ($75): The so-flattering fit and flare silhouette gets the fuchsia treatment and we love what we see. The stunning color breathes fresh air into the classic shape.
10. LOFT Cutout Tie Waist Dress in Rich Rose ($50): We can’t believe how luxe this weekend-ready tie-waist dress looks, and it’s all thanks to the rich rose hue. Toss on this frock when you need to look polished on-the-go.
Which is YOUR perfect shade of pink? Or will you default to Kate’s taste this time around? Tell us what color you want the DoC to rock next in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)