14 Apps to Help You Become Way, Way More Stylish
Whether or not you consider yourself a fashionista, you probably know it can be daunting to take on the world of fashion. Today, we’ve rounded up 14 of the best apps and websites to help you take it step-by-step. Plus, it’s almost spring, the perfect time for you to do some self-cleaning to unearth a fresh, new, uber-stylish you!
First off, get inspired: Take to the streets and see what real people wear.
1. Pose: On the web, Facebook, and a mobile app, Pose is a great resource for street style. When you start off, you set up a style profile to help customize your feed. Not only can you browse other users’ uploaded photos, but you can also directly shop a look or add it to your own personal scrapbook of looks. What’s even better is that you can search by category, so if you’re looking for a specific look, it’s easy to find! Great for “workwear” or “summer wedding” conundrums. (Free, iPhone and Android)
8. POPSUGAR Shopping: For those who are already immersed in the Sugar network, Popsugar Shopping (formerly ShopStyle) is my FAVORITE resource for shopping. Not only do they have a huge inventory of items to shop for in all categories, but they also alert you when items are on sale! For items you love, sign up for the email alert, and you’ll get an email when it goes on sale.
9. Threadflip: Threadflip is a site that lets you sell all of your “pre-loved” clothes for other women to buy. It’s basically like a massive designer consignment store online. And though it sounds like Ebay, I can guarantee you it looks and feels NOTHING like it. (Full disclosure: I’m both an advisor and an avid user.) The styles you’ll find on Threadflip are incredibly high fashion and the quality of the pre-worn items is extremely high. Plus, you can snag some insane deals! I recently picked up many of the articles above, plus some Tory Burch loafers for $40. Um, awesome.
10. DailyLook: Oh man, this site is dangerous. Every day, there are a handful of “looks” that are put together and super steeply discounted, flash sales style. They bundle them all together to show how to wear each product, making you want to add them all to your cart. It’s very, very addicting (in the best of ways).
11. Rent the Runway: We’ve written about this one time and time again, but are still obsessed. Rent the Runway lets you rent amazingly beautiful designer gowns and jewelry for a fraction of the cost. The dresses show up the day before your event (in two sizes, so that you know one will fit) and you simply drop it back in its envelope and then into the mail as soon as you’re done with it. Just like Netflix! I used RTR for several dresses and accessories this past year. It’s way more reasonable to rent a designer gown knowing how few times you’ll wear it. Plus, no more closet clutter!
Hi, I'm Brit, the founder and CEO of Brit + Co. I'm a young mom of two, tech nerd and design-inclined lady who has a zillion hobbies and curious about... just about everything! My mission from the beginning has been to unlock women's creativity and courage to try new things so that they can find the path to their true passions.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!