14 Apps to Help You Become Way, Way More Stylish
Whether or not you consider yourself a fashionista, you probably know it can be daunting to take on the world of fashion. Today, we’ve rounded up 14 of the best apps and websites to help you take it step-by-step. Plus, it’s almost spring, the perfect time for you to do some self-cleaning to unearth a fresh, new, uber-stylish you!
First off, get inspired: Take to the streets and see what real people wear.
1. Pose: On the web, Facebook, and a mobile app, Pose is a great resource for street style. When you start off, you set up a style profile to help customize your feed. Not only can you browse other users’ uploaded photos, but you can also directly shop a look or add it to your own personal scrapbook of looks. What’s even better is that you can search by category, so if you’re looking for a specific look, it’s easy to find! Great for “workwear” or “summer wedding” conundrums. (Free, iPhone and Android)
8. POPSUGAR Shopping: For those who are already immersed in the Sugar network, Popsugar Shopping (formerly ShopStyle) is my FAVORITE resource for shopping. Not only do they have a huge inventory of items to shop for in all categories, but they also alert you when items are on sale! For items you love, sign up for the email alert, and you’ll get an email when it goes on sale.
9. Threadflip: Threadflip is a site that lets you sell all of your “pre-loved” clothes for other women to buy. It’s basically like a massive designer consignment store online. And though it sounds like Ebay, I can guarantee you it looks and feels NOTHING like it. (Full disclosure: I’m both an advisor and an avid user.) The styles you’ll find on Threadflip are incredibly high fashion and the quality of the pre-worn items is extremely high. Plus, you can snag some insane deals! I recently picked up many of the articles above, plus some Tory Burch loafers for $40. Um, awesome.
10. DailyLook: Oh man, this site is dangerous. Every day, there are a handful of “looks” that are put together and super steeply discounted, flash sales style. They bundle them all together to show how to wear each product, making you want to add them all to your cart. It’s very, very addicting (in the best of ways).
11. Rent the Runway: We’ve written about this one time and time again, but are still obsessed. Rent the Runway lets you rent amazingly beautiful designer gowns and jewelry for a fraction of the cost. The dresses show up the day before your event (in two sizes, so that you know one will fit) and you simply drop it back in its envelope and then into the mail as soon as you’re done with it. Just like Netflix! I used RTR for several dresses and accessories this past year. It’s way more reasonable to rent a designer gown knowing how few times you’ll wear it. Plus, no more closet clutter!
Hi, I'm Brit, the founder and CEO of Brit + Co. I'm a young mom of two, tech nerd and design-inclined lady who has a zillion hobbies and curious about... just about everything! My mission from the beginning has been to unlock women's creativity and courage to try new things so that they can find the path to their true passions.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.