11 Life-Saving Products for People Who Are Not Blessed With a Green Thumb
Not everyone was blessed with the gifts of Mother Nature. Some of us might even have trouble keeping even their fake ficus alive, let alone a living plant with actual needs like sunlight and water. But the wannabe plant ladies among us need not despair, because there are tons of products out there to help you keep your greenery alive and thriving no matter how unlucky you are with them. Sometimes it really takes a village to raise your precious plant babies.
1. Aceple Desk Plant Grow Light ($14): Is your dark corner of the office making your desk plant look a little sad? This handy grow light plugs into any outlet, so your fern can thrive even in harsh fluorescent office light.
2. Fasmov 13.5 Oz Stainless Steel Watering Can ($17): Now you’ll be able to remember to water the plants, because there’s no reason to hide away and forget about this sleek watering can.
3. Eve’s Garden Inc. Natural Polished Mixed Color Stones ($11): Polished stones are great for trapping moisture near the roots of your plant, so it stays hydrated and happy.
4. Parrot Pot Smart, Connected Flower Pot ($54): This automated smart pot senses moisture and knows when to water itself, so you don’t have to. Genius!
5. Covery Soil Tester Moisture Meter ($11): Keep an eye on your plant’s soil moisture with this handy meter that tells you exactly when your plant is getting thirsty.
6. ThermoPro Digital Hygrometer ($16): Humidity can be key for keeping an indoor plant alive, especially in homes with humidity-killing air conditioning. Take the guesswork out of watering with this nifty device.
7. Greenaholics Succulent Plant Pots ($16, set of four): One of the biggest mistakes beginners make is not re-potting their plant babies. These cute, minimal pots are a great option for giving your greenery some extra growing room.
8. Anthropologie Hanging Marble Shelf ($44): Growing a plant that needs 24/7 sun? Hang these gorgeous little shelves in the windowsill so they can soak in those rays.
9. Miracle-Gro Indoor Plant Food ($2): Yes, there is a difference between indoor and outdoor plant food. These little spikes will keep your flora friends nourished for weeks.
10. Miracle-Gro Liquid Succulent Plant Food ($7): Succulents are great for beginners (and unlucky plant owners), but they aren’t technically “unkillable.” Keep them healthy with a few spritzes of this specialized plant food.
11. Uncommon Goods Smart Garden Grow Kit ($100): One way to always have fresh herbs is to invest in a specialized kit that comes with everything you need. This one also comes with a grow light so your plants are always lush. Basil especially loves a bright, warm environment!
Do you have any recommendations for good indoor gardening? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.