8 Ways to Keep Your Baby Sleeping Cool and Comfy This Summer
The heat of the summer may make for a cool pool day, but it doesn’t add fun to your newborn’s not-so-restful nights… And when the kiddo is awake, mama is awake too. Along with the summer heat, those 9:45pm sunsets certainly aren’t making baby’s bedtime any easier. It’s the perfect season to invest in a few nursery upgrades to help your little love stay cool so they can drift off to dreamland. So before the stress can get to you, check out these easy ways to make your baby’s room a better summer slumber space.
1. Pottery Barn Kids Harper Blackout Cordless Roman Shade ($159+): A blackout blind takes the summer glare out of those pre-sundown sleeps. Along with cutting down the light, less sun also means less heat. As a baby-safe bonus, these shades are cordless for added peace of mind.
2. Vornadobaby Breesi Nursery Air Circulator ($50): This air circulator is so much more than just a fan. With two different speed settings, it will keep the AC cooled air flowing or move the cool outdoor breeze around the room. In other words, no stale, stuffy nurseries here.
3. AorakiLights Children’s Ceiling Fan ($400): This completely cute ceiling fan can be set to three different speeds to keep baby cool and comfy. It also has a remote to change the fan speed or turn the light on and off, so you don’t have to worry about sneaking to a switch and waking up your little napper.
4. Crate & Kids Little Prints Blue Triangle Blackout Curtain ($59+): These curtain panels don’t just add decorative flair: They’re totally functional. Instead of light filtering through, these babies will block your baby from seeing the sun. Just pull the curtains closed for on-demand sunset on those nights when your baby is down before the sun is.
5. Wicked Sheets Moisture-Wicking + Cooling Mini Crib Sheet ($30): Your baby’s nursery décor doesn’t stop at the walls and the floors: Not-so-permanent picks like crib sheets can add to the overall aesthetic. And they can also help keep your baby cool! These crib sheets absorb six times as much moisture as other sheets while staying cool to the touch.
6. Serta iComfort Dawn Mist Firm Crib Mattress ($250): Your kiddo could use a cooling mattress to go with their cooling crib sheet. With breathable memory foam, medical-grade waterproof backing, and a heat-conducting material, this is the perfect summertime crib pairing to keep baby cool.
7. Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier ($400): Sure, this fan will keep cool air moving around the nursery. But that’s not all: Its HEPA filter is designed to remove more than 99 percent of allergens and pollutants from the air in your kiddo’s room.
8. Jondey New York Organic Crib Mattress Protector ($18): Add another layer of protection and keep your baby cool all at the same time. This crib mattress pad is woven from breathable Tencel fibers, making it a more comfortable summertime choice.
Tweet us your tips for keeping your family cool through the summer months @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.