Everybody has those days where your hair needs to look polished, but Mother Nature just isn’t cooperating. Yep, we’re looking at you, rain. Instead of fighting the weather and taking a straightener or curling iron to your locks, play up your natural ‘do. Not only does it give your hair a day off from heat (and a few extra minutes to snooze), but it also gives you a tousled look you’ll love. Scroll through to see 14 of our favorite rainy day hairstyles for all hair types.
1. Wear a Head Scarf: If you’re fighting frizz, cover it up with a head scarf. Add a few loose curls for a more polished look. (via The Wonder Forest)
2. Messy Fishtails: What’s better than one fishtail? Two, of course! This messy look is perfect for when the weather’s not so perfect. (via Brit + Co)
3. Braided Crown: A braided crown is an easy way to get your hair out of your face for a long day at work. Oh, and it looks even better on natural (rainy day) hair. (via Hairstyles How To)
4. Easy Barrette Style: Try out a simple half-up, half-down ‘do by using a barrette. We hear Emma Stone is a big fan of this style. (via Brit + Co)
5. Mohawk Braided Pony: Ponytails are essential when the T-storms are out to play. Take yours to the next level with a Dutch braid. (via Makeup Wearables)
6. 5-Minute Updo: Need to look a little extra fancy? Dulce shows how to get the perfect updo in just 5 minutes. Thanks girl! (via DulceCandy87)
7. Pigtail Buns: Pigtails aren’t *just* for kids. Try out these cute pigtail buns for a look we love. (via Brit + Co)
8. Twisted Top Knot: Bored of your everyday top knot? Check out this braided bun to amp up your top knot game. (via I Spy DIY)
9. Natural Braids: You can never have *too* many braided styles. Here are three more to add to the books. (via Naptural85)
10. Exposed Bobby Pins: Hiding bobby pins is so 2014. This year it’s all about exposing them, and that’s making our lives a whole lot easier. (via Cosmopolitan)
11. Half-Up Braided Crown: To achieve this look, simply take a section of hair on both sides, braid and pin in the back. It’s that easy! (via A Cup of Jo)
12. Twisted Updo: This twisted updo is ideal for textured, curly hair. Simply roll up your curls and pin into place. (via Hair Romance)
13. Add a Hat: When in doubt, just cover up your hair with a chic hat. It will make everyone *think* you put effort into your ‘do. (via All Things Hair)
14. Flawless Down ‘Do: When you really don’t want to fight the weather, play up your natural curls for a flawless down ‘do. (via Brit + Co)
What’s your favorite way to wear your hair on a rainy day? Talk to us in the comments below.