10 Red Carpet Hairstyles to Use As Wedding Day Inspo
When shopping for your white dress for your wedding, brides can forget about everything else. The wedding beauty timeline tends to be next in line, but what about the hair? Anyone who has fallen victim to a bad hair day knows that it can totally ruin your day. Don’t let that happen on your wedding day! If you want to make sure you have the perfect hairstyle, (a ‘do that’s classic and modern all at once) we suggest you turn to these 10 celebs who recently rocked some stellar hairstyles. These looks will translate seamlessly from red carpet to the wedding aisle.
1. Daisy Ridley’s Braided Twist: So you’re kind of into the idea of a slicked-back updo but are a little intimidated by it? That’s totally okay. For something a little less intense, try this look that Daisy Ridley wore to this year’s Academy Awards. While it looks clean and sophisticated in the front, the back is an intricate, braided mess (and we mean mess in the best way possible). If you want to copy it but you’re not sure where to start, take a look at our step-by-step tutorial. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Julianne Hough’s Side Swept Updo: For something clean and timeless with a modern touch, copy Julianne’s updo that evokes a windswept feel in a tornado kind of way. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
3. Ellie Goulding’s Dramatic Side Part: If you’re looking for a side swept style that’s a little more low-key, try Ellie Goulding’s dramatic, side-parted look. This simple update to beach waves gives it a slightly more formal vibe. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Alicia Vikander’s Half-Up Bun: For all you ultra-trendy brides out there, this one is a no-brainer. Curl the bottom half of your hair into loose waves and pull the top half up and out of your face by styling it into a ballerina bun.
5. Zendaya’s ’20s Waves: Is your wedding a vintage-inspired affair? If you’re rocking a new-to-you dress, why not top off your ensemble with some ’20s inspired waves? (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
6. Lupita Nyong’O’s Fishnet Accesory: So, blue lipstick is probably not ideal for your bridal beauty look, but that bun on the other hand? Fair game. If you’re not planning on wearing a veil, why not incorporate a piece of fishnet or lace into an updo to hint at the traditional bridal accessory? (Photo via Chris Jackson/Getty)
7. Rooney Mara’s Modern Pony: For all you modern brides out there looking for something to match your wedding’s minimalist vibe, try Rooney Mara’s three-tiered pony that’ll definitely stay in place all day long. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
8. Bella Hadid’s Sleek Straightened Hair: Getting hitched on a rooftop in NYC or in the middle of the Met? If a sophisticated look is what you’re after, try this sleek, simple and straight style courtesy of Bella Hadid. Not only will it stay out of your face all day long, but it won’t leave your head throbbing from 100 bobby pins. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
9. Constance Wu’s L Halo Braid: Holy bridal beauty! We’re digging everything about this look. Pull out some wispy pieces in front to give the braid a slightly more boho spin and clip in a fun barrette to add a little extra bling. (Photo via Mark Davis/Getty)
10. Laverne Cox’s Side Bun: Is there anything more stunning than a good, low side bun? Laverne masters this look by incorporating a tousled look and perfectly disheveled, wispy bangs. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)