We couldn’t help but notice that a lot of what’s walking down the red carpet this year looks like what could be walking down the aisle. Celebs shook off their summer hues and shied away from fall’s darker colors, stepping out in white gowns that could easily double as wedding dresses. Across the Emmys, VMAs and Creative Arts Emmys, the looks fit each leading lady’s unique style and could oh-so easily fit into the theme for your Big Day. From embellishments that made gowns like Sofia Vergara’s even more of a head turner to the modern yet romantic sheer piece that hugged Camilla Alves, there’s a dress in here for every type of bride. Check out the altar-worthy award show stylings below, and peep the lookalike dresses that you can buy for your upcoming nuptials.
THE NEW ROMANTIC
Graphic lace, romantic tulle and modern mesh are all details that make these gowns especially dreamy. It’s all pin-straight hair and slick updos on these celebs, but on you, bride-to-be, amp up the glamour with a wavy down-do.
1. The Dressy Group After Six Wedding Dress 1041 ($490): Channel Danielle Brooks‘ modern cutout neckline with a wedding dress that’s subtly sheer. We’d definitely take a not-so-subtle side slit, though.
3. ASOS Floral Embellished Maxi Dress ($155): The silver mesh detail on Lauren Parsekian‘s gown simply flows with the floral appliqués in the dreamiest of ways. Channel that effortless design in this breezy maxi.
4. BHLDN Flora Gown ($800): Lucy Liu proves that chiffon can look bridal-level badass with her expertly tailored gown. Stick with the sweeping, romantic silhouette like this champagne-colored BHLDN gown that gets its edge from the Kardashian-inspired hourglass cutouts.
Trains are what turn heads on red carpets. When you’re walking down the aisle though, leave it to an extra-long veil… or a totally unexpected pop of color.
5. Temperley London Marguerite Dress ($3,725) + BHLDN Lighter Than Air Veil ($300): A surprise plunging neckline doesn’t have to be the only jaw-dropping element on your wedding dress, and no one knows that more than Laverne Cox. Say “I do” to a floor-length veil to stun at every angle.
6. J. Mendel Color Block Asymmetric Georgette Gown ($1,347): As far as your side of the floor is concerned, the bride wore a white pleated maxi. Pull a Michelle Dockery and choose a gown that’s just as one-of-a-kind when it comes to color as your big day will be.
AS BLING AS YOUR RING
You’ve gawked over your engagement ring for weeks/months/years, so now it’s time to be dazzled by another form of bling, whether it’s metallic details, soft sequins or intricate beading on your head-turning gown.
7. Aidan Mattox Gown Strapless Beaded Bodies With Pleated Chiffon Skirt ($440): Channel Kelly Rowland‘s sparkle with this strapless gown that gives you the best of both worlds — shine from the beaded bodice and softness from the champagne-colored tulle skirt.
8. Badgley Mischka Collection Keyhole Gown ($935): Metallic details like the ones that darted Sofia Vergara‘s mermaid gown add dimension to your floor-length look. We’re swooning over the crystal-lined cutouts on this keyhole gown.
9. ASOS Pearl Necklace Maxi Dress ($126): Cross two must-haves for your wedding day off your list with this silky dress that comes equipped with a jeweled collar. As Kesha so elegantly shows, you can keep your look super fresh when your gown also acts as one of your big day accents.
10. Adrianna Papell Gown Cap Sleeve V Neck Beaded ($244): All-over embellishments like the beaded design on Taylor Schilling‘s gown can be tasteful, and this cap-sleeve gown nails the look, too. We love the way the intricate work is magnified thanks to that flattering metallic waistband.
HERE COMES THE Rainbow
When a pop of blue won’t cut it, don’t be afraid to be a bride that breaks from tradition with a colorful wedding dress. Because YOU make the rules on your big day!
12. Little Mistress Color Block Tunic With Lace Overlay ($91): Yes brides, you can wear black on your wedding day and still look all kinds of glam — just use Kelly Osbourne as your pretty-in-pitch-dark muse. How cute would this dress look with a short veil and red lip?
13. Little Mistress Maxi Dress in Ombre Floral Print ($136): You don’t have to limit the floral arrangements to your bouquet on your big day! Take it from Cat Deeley, a petal printed get up will add an extra playful pop to the aisle.
Keeping your big day silhouette simple can be anything but boring — these no-frills looks prove that a sleek gown can be just as wow-worthy as tiers of tulle and mile-long trains.
15. Nili Lotan Maxi Cami Dress ($297): Simple and silky is so sexy — take a look at Kristen Wiig for the proof. Glam this look up with silver heels and a smokey eye or stick with no-frills styling for warm-weather wedding settings.
16. Ann Taylor Jeweled Strap Wedding Dress ($695): The structural shape of Julianne Hough‘s red carpet look is a style risk brides should take on their big day. This more subtle version with a creased panel will move like a dream as you walk down the aisle.
17. Trina Turk Paper Cut Jumpsuit ($288): Oh yeah, Padma Lakshmi‘s column dress definitely inspired this suit-like jumpsuit that’s made for the fiercest of brides. Pair back the hair and accessories and let this big day leap take center stage all ceremony and reception long.
18. Jersey Knit Long Sleeve Maxi ($50): Michelle Monaghan proves that a covered-up look can be super hot, all thanks to the peek-a-boo slit. Keep it classy with a similar silhouette, a fresh-face and wind-swept hair.
Which red carpet look would you steal for your big day? Which white gown was your favorite? Any recent award show looks you’d totally rock to your reception? Tell us in the comments below.