10 Wedding Dresses Inspired by Kim’s Givenchy Gown
As you probably heard from every major news outlet, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West got married this past weekend, and we think it’s safe to say that it was probably a crazy awesome event. In true Kardashian fashion, Kim went through a costume change or two, but it’s the long-sleeved lace Givenchy gown she chose for the actual ceremony that has us saying “I deeeeefinitely do.” She stuck to a traditional lace fabric but livened it up with fancy sleeves and a completely sheer back. For all of you brides-to-be who love the look, we rounded up 10 Kim-inspired wedding dresses for you to rock on your very own special day.
1. BCBG Salina Built-In Corset Gown ($300): Lace gowns are traditional and oh-so-lovely. The addition of long sleeves adds an extra old school flair to the look that we’re swooning for.
2. Rosa Clara Ucraina (call for pricing): Kim’s gown had a pretty rockin’ mermaid silhouette (see above!). This Rosa Clara pick combines that silhouette with an awesome off-the-shoulder top, creating a gown that we absolutely love.
3. Carolina Herrera Catarina (call for pricing): While this look is more sleek than what Kim walked down the aisle in, it’s got the fit on top, the long lace sleeves and the necessary neckline to make all your Kimye wedding dreams come true.
4. BHLDN Rocco Gown ($2,400): BHLDN is actually Anthropologie’s sister brand, and you can totally tell through the embroidery and vintage feel of this gown. We chose this in particular because it has all the beautiful lace patterns of Kim’s gown and the cap sleeves give the V effect that her gown rocks.
5. BCBG Julia Lace-Back Gown ($398): This dress echoes the panels of Kim’s gown made even prettier by that lace see-through back.
6. Angel Sanchez (call for pricing): If you want the look in a less fitted version, Angel Sanchez delivers. You have the same V-effect in the front and the sheer lace low back minus the hip-hugging skirt.
7. BCBG Maxine Evening Gown ($518): If you’re looking for a more daring wedding dress, this one may be for you. We appreciate the lace around the waist, which looks just like Kim’s unique gown.
8. Inbal Dror Gown (call for pricing): Another trumpet silhouette, because we just can’t get enough. We have no doubt that Kim is a Inbal Dror fan. Most of the dresses in the collection are full of her favorite elements — lace, low backs, form-fitting skirts, long sleeves and even a cutout or two. You could say we’re fans, too.
9. Rivini Bahia ($7,000): With its low-cut back and high neckline, the Bahia might not have the lace or the fit-and-flare silhouette, but we can overlook that for all the silk and hand embroidery on the bodice.
10. Rosa Clara Coral (call for pricing): Alright. We can all agree that this doesn’t look exactly like Kim’s dress (save the long sleeve and the high neckline). But we can also all agree that this looks exactly like something she would wear and that we expected her to wear. And that we want to wear now, too.
Which Kim-inspired wedding gown is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?