20 Looks to Steal Straight from the Emmys Red Carpet
Breaking Bad may have won practically every drama award last night, but you know what truly dominated? The drama of the red carpet fashion. Seriously, there almost weren’t any looks that made the audience cringe. That’s extremely rare for an awards show. Don’t believe us? Check out our 20 picks for best dressed of the night, along with stellar ways to get ’em for yourself!
1. Embellished Strapless Gown ($80): My, my, Poussey. You look extra fab out of orange and khaki! Actress Samira Wiley looked absolutely gorgeous in this bright yellow gown; it’s a color we’d really love to see more of all over the fashion world.
Orange Is the New Black are quite a stylish bunch. Keeping up with one of the color trends of the night, Uzo Aduba opted for this red fitted gown, to which we give an A+++.
3. Sequin Bodycon Dress ($268): While nominee Amy Poehler may not have hosted this year, she still stole all the attention in this sparkly number. Our sequin dress mimics the linear designs of the gown and is perfect for a fun night out.
asymmetric fashion is at an all-time high. Symmetry, schmymmetry!
5. Bandeua Dress With Ruffle Skirt ($226): While lots of people out there were raising their eyebrows over Lena Dunham’s look, we believe that bold colors trump all. Plus, award shows are one of the few times you can get away with dressing like a ball of cotton candy.
The Mysteries of Laura sticks around long enough for a Megan Mullally cameo to happen. Not only do we want to see a whole lot more of this lovely lady on the small screen, but we’d love to see more red carpet appearances. This look is rockin’!
Game of Thrones’ Sibel Kekilli (known to many as Shae) looked as classy as ever in this flowing belted gown. A pencil dress would make such a great addition to your work wardrobe.
Breaking Bad star Anna Gunn won Best Actress for her category, and she certainly dressed the part. Embellishments, and we’re not talking bedazzling here, will take any outfit from casual to dressy in an instant.
OITNB‘s Natasha Lyonne tends to stray from bold colors in public appearances, which made her stand out against everyone else’s rainbow-colored gowns.
Veep and she started off her acceptance speech with a major smooch from Bryan Cranston to remember, ya know, the good old Seinfeld days.
12. Serves You Right Dress ($88): We normally aren’t fans of plain white gowns, but something about funny lady Kristen Wiig’s caught our eye. The entire look was so very Marilyn Monroe.
Modern Family‘s Sarah Hyland wowed in this crop top maxi skirt combo. And you know what? Her sleek fashion sense got her on our best dressed lists for both the VMAsand the Emmys. This girl’s one to watch!
14. Curve Bodycon Dress With Bardot Neckline ($43): No matter what people say, black will always be the new black. You go, Lena Headey.
16. Embellished Lace Skater Dress ($89): It’s seems a little funny to see Julia Roberts at a television-centric awards show, but she clearly felt at home, fashion-wise. This embellished dress was the perfect choice because she got to show off those super toned legs.
18. Strapless Wrap Dress ($263): As Zooey Deschanel knows, fun colors make for a fun time. And yes, we included her boyfriend Jacob Pechenik in the picture for a reason. (He’s a looker.)
19. Embellished Maxi Dress With Plunge Neck ($136): Minnie Driver is officially the queen of rocking a plunging neckline and staying classy at the same time. Seriously, so elegant!
Kerry Washington‘s Prada dress was so unique that we couldn’t find anything quite like it. We did find another dress in the same beautiful shade of orange, which is perfect for any end-of-summer weddings you have ahead of ya.