25 Non-Traditional Wedding Dresses for the Modern Bride
It’s that time of year again… wedding season! To get all of you summer and fall brides inspired (and maybe even some last minute spring brides?!), we treasure hunted online for the best non-traditional options out there.
We found everything from chantilly lace to gold sequined cap sleeves, ranging from $150 to $6K (!) — there’s something for everyone! If these aren’t your speed, check out last year’s collection or go vintage with our post from 2012 ;)
1. Vionnet Short Sleeve Dress ($2,430): This super modern frock is a great pick for the no-frills, minimalist bride. The cut is flattering without being fluffy, and we love the way the sort of reverse bolero hangs in the back.
2. Gold Sequined Cap Sleeve Gown ($900): And onto the other end of the spectrum with all things princess. But we think this is a more 2014 version of the classic cupcake shape.
3. 1970’s Inspired Adele Gown ($1,098): This looks like a cross between ’70s boho and Game of Thrones. And we like it.
4. Anna Sui Aiguille Gown ($1,200): This ethereal stunner has Cate Blanchett written all over it.
5. Manuela Gown ($550): The back of this says sporty while the front says Greek goddess. We think this would look gorgeous paired with one of these messy hairstyles.
6. Long Ezra Dress ($815): If you love the look of strapless but have a chillier climate in mind for your big day, try this mesh middle ground.
7. Kristal’s Limited Edition White Dress ($500): Dreams of being married barefoot on the beach? Then this might be the dress for you.
8. Deep V Floor Length Tiered Dress ($1,280): The tiers of this dress make it look like a lot of fun to bust a move in.
9. Wren Goddess Dress ($3,000): This dress couldn’t be named any more accurately. You’ll feel like a goddess in it, like Titania in Midsummer Night’s Dream.
10. Badgley Mischka Bette Gown ($300): Or, go old school glamour with this retro-inspired Badgley Mischka number. We particularly love the silhouette from the side.
11. Eyelash Lace Jumpsuit ($750): Oh yes. That’s a jumpsuit. And someone you know just might get married in it.
12. Raina Maxi Dress With Embellished Shoulder ($179): That price tag is not a typo. If you’re already married and kicking yourself upon seeing this, feel free to plan a formal anniversary party ;)
13. Geometric Ballerina Tulle Dress ($360): Channel your inner ballerina with this cozy cropped option.
14. Leila Cocktail Dress ($509): This is the perfect dress for a set of City Hall nuptials, followed by a rager of a reception.
15. Jolie Crochet and Chiffon Dress ($149): Planning a backyard wedding? Then this dress’ll do you right.
16. Long Petal Dress ($685): We love that this model is rocking flat sandals with this floral frock.
17. Rachel Gilbert Isadora Gown ($1,200): More sparkles? Yes please!
18. Temperley Marguerite Dress ($3,515): Another more modern cut, this Temperley gown features beautifully designed cutouts in the front and back.
19. Jarlo Millie High Neck Dress ($147): We love the effortless way this dress drapes, and the slit in the front makes for a playful silhouette.
20. Jenny Packham Gatsby-esque Gowns: Jenny Packham manages to deliver totally different collections each season, but they all have a sense of timelessness in common. We could totally see Daisy Buchanan wearing one of these on her wedding day. Or just on a Sunday ;)
21. The Caitlin ($6,250): This gown from Stone Fox Bride is described as their interpretation of the classic Mexican wedding dress, made with silk georgette and imported cotton lace trim.
22. Emma Ombre Gown ($1,295): Ombre is now happening… on your wedding dress. This textured dress is most definitely a statement piece.
23. New Romantics Dance With Somebody Dress ($268): For an informal wedding, this dress is begging to be danced in! Preferably on a dance floor in a dive bar at 2am after all the fancy stuff is done.
24. Mandy Coon Betsy Dress ($3,300): A dip dye wedding dress? We’ll go ahead and Pin it.
25. Shimmer Sequin Romper ($750): And finally, the perfect late night getup for a wild bride.
Are you getting married this year? Already married? What did/will your dress look like? Talk to us in the comments below.