10 Patriotic Smoothie Recipes to Keep You Refreshed on July Fourth
With the Fourth of July right around the corner, let’s face it — we could *all* use a little refreshment. Summer is prime smoothie time, and we’re getting into the spirit of things. Whether you’re looking for healthy summer cocktail recipes or non-alcoholic smoothie recipes, why not put a patriotic spin on the idea with red, white, and blue beverages? From boozy to kid-friendly, here are 10 of our favorite patriotic smoothie ideas.
2. Ocean Blueberry Spirulina Smoothie: Here’s a non-boozy option to help you start your morning (or any time of day, really). It is uber-healthy, consisting of coconut milk, spirulina, antioxidant-rich blueberries, and bananas for a little added sweetness. (via Butter Version of Me)
3. Red, White, and Blue Vodka Lemonade Slush: This is technically a slushie, not a smoothie. While you’re going to need a ton of ice to whip these up, the result is totally worth it. (via Homemade Hooplah)
4. Patriotic Probiotic Smoothies: Three for the price of one! This trio of smoothies may be a bit more muted in tone, but they’re made with 100-percent real-food ingredients. As a bonus, they also call for kefir, which is rich in probiotics. (via Probiotics Hub)
5. Red, White, and Blue Berry Banana Smoothie: Here’s yet another patriotic smoothie sweetened with healthy, real-food ingredients including bananas and berries. Bonus points for serving these bad boys with fresh fruit skewers. (via Super Healthy Kids)
6. Patriotic Smoothie Bowl: In the mood for something a little different? Instead of a traditional smoothie, spring for a smoothie bowl like this one, which is decorated with star-shaped bananas and fresh blueberries. (via V Nutrition)
7. Triple Berry Frozen Smoothies: Ever wonder how to successfully make a three-tier smoothie like this one? Just blend up the bottom layer, add it to your glasses, and pop it into the freezer for 10 minutes. Then, blend up the ingredients for the second layer, add it to the glasses, and place them back in the freezer. Keep repeating until all your layers have been added. (via In Katrina’s Kitchen)
8. Kid-Friendly Patriotic Punch: If you have kids at home, they’re going to *love* this fun red, white, and blue mocktail. It’s not technically a smoothie, but it sure is refreshing… and we LOVE the addition of Twizzlers. (via Mom Endeavors)
9. Patriotic Stacked Smoothies: Made with real milk, Greek yogurt, rolled oats, and fruit, these stacked smoothies are about as wholesome as it gets. Feel free to sub in non-dairy milk and coconut yogurt if you’re looking for a dairy-free smoothie recipe. (via Kath Eats Real Food)
10. Summer Strawberry Colada: This spiked colada boasts all the colors of America and is definitely a head-spinner: It’s made with rum, orange liquor, bitters, and sugar, alongside fresh fruit and coconut syrup. (via Crate and Barrel)
Follow us on Pinterest for more drink and entertaining ideas!