10 Smoothie Recipes That Won’t Pack On the Pounds
We love smoothies, but if you expect us to be all “strawberries-and-kale this” and “blueberries-and-bananas that,” stop expecting. Instead, ready your blender and grab a bendy straw. From mojitos to Almond Joys, we’re taking you on a nutritious tour of smoothies that we swear are actually good for you.
1. PB&J Smoothie: It’s your classic school lunch in liquid form. It comes in at 201 calories, which is way under what its carb-encased cousin is packing. Also, it’s bubble-gum pink, and that is something we whole heartedly approve of. (via Peanut Butter and Peppers)
2. Non-alcoholic Spinach Mojito Smoothie: Normally, we take our mojitos with a hefty helping of rum, but we’re willing to overlook the lack of alcohol in exchange for things that are actually good for us, like potassium, vitamin B and manganese. (Don’t say we didn’t ever do anything nice for you, body.) (via Fit Sugar)
4. Vegan Cinnamon Bun Smoothie: You guys. Is there anything more delicious in the world than a big, buttery Cinnabon? We’re just going to go ahead and say no. But in case you can’t be bothered to take a defibrillator with you to the mall food court, here is all the flavor in non-cardiac-arrest-inducing form. (via Fit Sugar)
6. Emegen-C Berry Smoothie: Get pumped. This is a secret cold-fighting slurper thanks to one key ingredient, Emergen-C! Add in antioxidants from the berries and the good bacteria of Greek yogurt, and it’s pretty much a cure-all, which we especially love during these cold, winter months. Also, it comes in ice cube form. What’s not to love about that? (via Brit + Co.)
7. Pumpkin Spice Dairy-Free Smoothie: Pumpkin is one of those ingredients that shouldn’t just be used in the fall. This smoothie is dairy-free, vegan, healthy, and DELICIOUS. Pumpkin pie lovers, meet your new healthy addiction. (via Brit + Co.)
9. Italian-Style Milk Soda: Okay, okay, okay. We admit it. This isn’t quite a shake nor is it a smoothie. But we just had to include this milk soda. It’s insanely refreshing and also super easy to make. Pretend like you’re sitting at an outdoor café in Sorrento while sucking on that straw. (via My Recipes)
What are some of your favorite shake and smoothie recipes? Tell us in the comments below!