22 Picture Perfect Ways to Repurpose a Frame
Whether you got it as a holiday gift or it was an impulse buy at IKEA, you’ve probably got at least one empty photo frame lying around the house. Maybe, you haven’t hung it up because it’s not your style or you’re just plain running out of wall space! You’ll be happy to know there are a million and one projects out there for your repurposing pleasure. But since that’s just plain overwhelming, here are 22 of our favorite ways to give them new life.
2. Paint Chip Calendar: Whenever we need to buy new paint, we can’t help but grab an absurdly unnecessary number of paint chips. There are just so many beautiful colors! If you’re like us, check out this awesome eco-friendly way of putting them to good use. (via Mom Spark)
4. Hanging Jewelry Box: As an avid crafter, you’re bound to have tons of DIY jewelry lying around. Here’s a great way to display and store those beauties at the same time. This tutorial even comes with a little spot for teeny tiny trinkets. (via Monaluna)
5. Easy Wainscoting: Looking to add an elegant touch to your bedroom or dining room? This one’s for you. Surprisingly, photo frames are a great way to add contrasting panels to your wainscoting. (via Little Miss Penny Wenny)
6. Custom Chalkboard: It’s no secret that we’re obsessed with chalkboard paint here at Brit + Co. All you have to do is grab a cute frame, some spray paint, and start painting. It’s really that simple. (via She Makes a Home)
7. Mini Greenhouse: Give your plants a place to call home with this terrarium tutorial. It’s a bit time-consuming, but its beautiful Victorian feel definitely makes it worth the effort. (via Country Living)
8. Sunglasses Holder: After you’re finished styling up your sunnies, you’re going to need someplace to put them. This repurposed frame is a perfect solution to that mounting pile of eyewear. (via Pull Teeth)
9. Pantone Memo Board: If you’re Pantone crazed like we are, this memo board is pretty much one of the greatest DIYs you’ve seen. Set some goals for yourself, start a grocery list, or just make a really gigantic calendar. (via Burlap and Lace)
12. Key Rack: We absolutely love this key rack. Not only can you customize the background with any wallpaper, but the coat hooks are a handy way to hang up your keys. Side note: Those key chains are so adorable. Where can we get them?! (via Lara’s Knits and Bits)
14. Secret Medicine Cabinet: This is basically the medicine-cabinet version of that mysterious bookshelf that doubles as a secret passageway. If you don’t want anyone to see your creams and pills lying around, hide them in your wall! (via Four Men One Lady)
17. Tufted Headboard: After the kitchen, the bedroom is definitely the most important room in the house (after all, you start and end your day there). Add some pizzazz to your bed with this DIY headboard. (via Vintage Revivals)
18. Clothespin Photo Display: For those of you who are constantly changing out pictures in a photo frame, check out this DIY. This clothespin photo display makes it super easy to switch out pics, and it has a really nice vintage feel to it. (via Talia Christine)
21. American Gothic Costume: When it comes to couples costumes, it’s pretty clear that the unique and funny ones are the best. Simply holding a picture frame is a genius way to transform you and your beau into a magnificent masterpiece. (via Seakettle)
22. Spring Wreath: With all this nasty cold weather that we’ve been having, everyone’s been waiting for the warmer months to come around. Try out this wreath to make it feel a little less like winter and a little more like spring. (via Delia Creates)
Which jazzed up, repurposed picture frame is your favorite? Tell us in the comments below!