7 Slightly Risky Fashion Trends You Should Try This Weekend
Some trends, try as you may, just make for better weekend wear than office attire. This isn’t to say your Monday to Friday wardrobe has to be boring, just that a break in the work week gives a girl an opportunity to have extra fun with fashion (most office dress codes don’t include one-shoulder tops). And this summer, there is plenty of fun to be had. From cutouts to pom-poms, the season is bringing with it playful pieces that add extra style to date night, girls’ night, brunch, and beyond. Below, seven trends you should try ASAP when you get off the clock.
1. Ruffles are arguably the biggest trend of the season and are pretty much everywhere. Save oversized versions like this super flirty Stylekeepers So Long Lover Ruffled Top ($118) for your off-duty outfits.
2. With the sunny season comes baring a little skin, of course, and cutouts are a fun way to show a playful peek. This LoveShackFancy Jenna Striped Cutout Cotton-Blend Dress ($207) will work from beach to town and to dinner.
3. A statement earring should be on your must list for summer but can be a little much for the office. Bright pom-pom styles like these Katie Kime Moroccan Pom-Pom Earrings ($68) are best suited for after hours (and perfect for vacay!).
4. Lightweight, airy fabric and little bit of extra detail make this ASOS Top in Mesh With Ruffles & Pearl Embellishment ($40) the ideal summer going-out top. Pair it with your favorite pretty bra or a cami for extra coverage.
5. Denim right now is all about the novelty details and lace-up styles like Topshop MOTO Mid Blue Side Lace Jamie Jeans ($95) that give you an instant edge. If your field is more conventional, save these for Saturday night.
6. Metallic is taking a fun, futuristic turn this season, and these Puma Basket Holographic Women’s Sneakers ($80) are a mix of sporty and unicorn vibes. Try them for brunch with jeans or date night with a slip dress.
7. The 80’s are officially back but can look costumey for work. If giant pouf shoulders are a little out there for you, go for a sleeker version like this Express Sequin Mesh Long Sleeve One Shoulder Blouse ($70) on the weekend.
Want more style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)