7 Slightly Risky Fashion Trends You Should Try This Weekend
Some trends, try as you may, just make for better weekend wear than office attire. This isn’t to say your Monday to Friday wardrobe has to be boring, just that a break in the work week gives a girl an opportunity to have extra fun with fashion (most office dress codes don’t include one-shoulder tops). And this summer, there is plenty of fun to be had. From cutouts to pom-poms, the season is bringing with it playful pieces that add extra style to date night, girls’ night, brunch, and beyond. Below, seven trends you should try ASAP when you get off the clock.
1. Ruffles are arguably the biggest trend of the season and are pretty much everywhere. Save oversized versions like this super flirty Stylekeepers So Long Lover Ruffled Top ($118) for your off-duty outfits.
2. With the sunny season comes baring a little skin, of course, and cutouts are a fun way to show a playful peek. This LoveShackFancy Jenna Striped Cutout Cotton-Blend Dress ($207) will work from beach to town and to dinner.
3. A statement earring should be on your must list for summer but can be a little much for the office. Bright pom-pom styles like these Katie Kime Moroccan Pom-Pom Earrings ($68) are best suited for after hours (and perfect for vacay!).
4. Lightweight, airy fabric and little bit of extra detail make this ASOS Top in Mesh With Ruffles & Pearl Embellishment ($40) the ideal summer going-out top. Pair it with your favorite pretty bra or a cami for extra coverage.
5. Denim right now is all about the novelty details and lace-up styles like Topshop MOTO Mid Blue Side Lace Jamie Jeans ($95) that give you an instant edge. If your field is more conventional, save these for Saturday night.
6. Metallic is taking a fun, futuristic turn this season, and these Puma Basket Holographic Women’s Sneakers ($80) are a mix of sporty and unicorn vibes. Try them for brunch with jeans or date night with a slip dress.
7. The 80’s are officially back but can look costumey for work. If giant pouf shoulders are a little out there for you, go for a sleeker version like this Express Sequin Mesh Long Sleeve One Shoulder Blouse ($70) on the weekend.
Want more style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations