12 of the Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations in the USA
Being together is romantic enough, but getting your honeymoon plan together is critical if you still want to celebrate your “I dos” somewhere amazing. (And we think you do!) We’ve put together a list of the 12 most romantic getaways in the US for your first big trip as newlyweds. Ahead, you’ll find a mix of sandy beaches, sweet small towns, and outdoorsy spots. Get ready to start packing the most stylish honeymoon dresses and consider your fairy tale honeymoon planned.
1.Asheville, NC: If you’re a couple who loves lush natural surroundings and amazing food culture, head to Asheville. Stay at the beautiful Grove Park Inn Resort for the prettiest of views., and make sure you include a morning hike on the parkway. You’ll be totally ready to indulge in a few local beers by end of day!
2. Big Sur, CA: For a casual and adventurous getaway, we highly recommend Big Sur. It’s one of the places that highlight the very best of what the California coastline has to offer.
3. Jackson Hole, WY: Crisp, fresh clean air, beautiful white-tipped mountain ranges, snowy wonderlands, and fields filled with beautiful flowers and abundant wildlife are just a few of the things that make Jackson Hole so special. Add a downtown filled with art galleries and amazing cuisine , and you have the perfect destination for the outdoorsy couple.
4. Sedona, AZ: Stunning red rocks are just one of the reasons why you might pick this awe-inspiring terrain for an romance-filled weekend with your S.O. Once you get there, drop your bags and head to Devil’s Bridge for a photo op at the top, or get up early and watch the sunrise together as you soar with the eagles in a hot air balloon.
5. Kennebunkport, ME: Quintessentially Maine in every way, you’ll be charmed by the character and scenery of Kennebunkport. And it’s dreamy in every season.
6. Vail, CO: You might know Vail as the ultimate skiing destination, but this spot can easy turn into your romantic getaway in no time. For an authentic ski lodge feel, stay at the Arrabelle at Vail Square. It’s the perfect combo of luxury and old-world charm.
7. Nantucket, MA: The blooming flowers alone make Nantucket a dream to visit, and the beaches, lighthouses, and delicious food solidify its position on our list of most idyllic summer destinations.
8. Shenandoah National Park, VA: If you’re looking for a nature-loving adventure, head for this national gem. You’ll find so many different types of trails you’ll be able to take a new path every day of your trip, and they’ll all seriously take your breath away.
9. Napa, CA: If you and your honey like wine, this is the ultimate place for you to enjoy a relaxing getaway while enjoying your fav beverage. The rolling hills and beautiful wineries are among the things you’ll love most about Sonoma County.
10. Savannah, GA: Pack your most comfortable shoes, because this is a town you can walk (with a drink in your hand) all weekend long. You’ll see lots of beautiful stately oaks dripping Spanish moss and gorgeous Southern mansions nestled around small parks.
11. Santa Catalina Island, CA: Whimsical is the best way to describe a romantic weekend to Santa Catalina Island. After just a quick hour-or-so by boat (with a bar!) from LA, set up camp at Pavilion Hotel and enjoy cozy Cali-king size beds right on the water, along with a free wine and cheese happy hour.
12. Woodstock, VT: Woodstock offers breathtaking scenic views and charm around every corner, making it a blissful place to wander around together — especially in the fall.
Where is your ideal honeymoon destination? Tweet us your picks @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Getty)