11 Runway Hairstyles Perfect for Your Wedding
Aside from finding the dress, choosing your wedding hair look is probably one of the most stressful decisions you can make for your big day. From wedding blogs to our beloved Pinterest, there are so many sources of omg-worthy inspo for your big-day beauty look. But where do you turn when you want to find a style that reflects your trendsetting, fashion-forward ways? Fashion Week, of course. This season, we saw dozens of hairstyles on the runway that would translate *perfectly* to an It-girl bridal look. Say “I do” to one of these 11 runway-inspired hairdos for your own nuptials.
1. Knotted Bun: You shouldn’t have to deal with frizz on your big day — you have bigger and better things to worry about (like eating all the cake). That’s why this hairstyle from Marc Bouwer is total #weddinghairgoals. Your precious locks will stay in place thanks to a healthy dose of product and a stay-put knotted low bun. (Photo via Monica Schipper/Getty )
2. Straight and Sleek: Channel a refined bridal beauty look with this slicked-back, show-stopping ‘do featured at Boss Womenswear. This style would look great with an ultra-modern dress and a one-of-a-kind bouquet. (Photo via Ben Gabbe/Getty)
3. Curly Top Knot: Lazy girls, rejoice! This Reem Acra updo is for you. Keep your curls and lean into some seriously trend-right texture. Pair it with a pouty pink lip and a silk slip dress for an unexpected yet easygoing style. (Photo via Roy Rochlin/Getty)
4. Hair Bow: Nothing screams romance quite like this hairstyle spotted at the Zang Toi show. Opt to recreate this swoon-worthy ‘do and match it with a pair of classic pearls and a deep-V dress. (Photo via Robin Marchant/Getty)
5. Afro Chic: Fashion designer Jasmine Chong embraced her model’s natural texture with this less-is-more style. Add a bit of contrast with statement jewelry or a daring makeup look. (Photo via Robin Marchant/Getty )
6. Double Twist: Fashion designer extraordinaire Marissa Webb upgraded the traditional bedhead look with this double twisted, low ponytail ‘do. While it does embrace a hefty amount of frizz, it’s romantic and effortless in all the right ways. (Photo via Astrid Stawiarz/Getty)
7. Ballerina Bun: Embrace your inner ballerina on your wedding day by recreating this low bun from Ryan Roche. Pair with a bold red lip and an off-the-shoulder dress and your partner will be in awe when they see you walking down the aisle. (Photo via Mireya Acierto/Getty)
8. Middle Part Chic: Vivienne Tam knows a thing or two about timeless style, and this middle part magic is proof. It’s stunningly simple, looks good on everybody and will never go out of style. Keep your flyaways in place by spritzing a bit of hairspray on a brush and combing it through your strands. (Photo via Vivien Killilea/Getty)
9. Crimp Chignon: If you love the ’90s, this style from Beaufille is everything you could dream of for your casual wedding. Lightly crimp the ends of your hair, pull your tresses back into a messy bun and pin it in place. Keep the rest of your look sleek and simple to let the crimp really stand out. (Photo via Ben Gabbe/Getty)
10. Low Pony: No matter the season, this sleek, low pony shown at the Supima Design Competition during NYFW is a wedding weekend must. Pair it with all-white separates for your rehearsal dinner, or stay true to your minimalist roots for the main event. (Photo via Mireya Acierto/Getty)
11. Three-Tiered Braid Crown: Take your hair to new heights with this omg-worthy hairdo straight off the Vivienne Pash runway. Keep your jewelry simple and opt for a pale pink lip to keep the focus on your tresses. (Photo via Mireya Acierto/Getty)
Looking for more fall hair inspo? Follow us on Pinterest for more amazing manes!