You’re Invited! 26 Inventive Save the Date Ideas
Compared to the formal invitations, venue selection, dress shopping and cake tasting, picking your Save the Dates probably isn’t a decision you’re looking forward to making. But since it’s not a super critical element, it’s one of those areas where you can have a little fun, express your personality, and get creative – without much extra expense. So before you set about saving your date, take a look at these 26 creative ways to get your guests to mark their calendars.
3. Save the Date Video: Make full use of social media and just post your save the date on YouTube! (via Seattle Met Bride and Groom)
5. Secret Message: Guests will love the retro 3D glasses and secret, spy-like message. (via Kellan Studios)
6. Fingerprint Heart (from $320): Celebrate the uniqueness of your relationship with these handmade letterpress cards with your fingerprints.
7. Penciled In ($1400): People may ‘sync’ more than they ‘pencil it in’ anymore, but we still love to kick it old school with this sharp save the date pencil idea.
8. Viewmaster Invitation ($3450): Design your invitation in full-color kodachrome! This incredible invite features a nostalgic viewmaster with seven custom pictures and an insert card for all the important details.
9. Destination Wedding Cards ($600): Getting married somewhere sunny? Send your guests a vintage- looking postcard to get them in the mood.
10. Felt Banner ($1500): Get your guests into the wedding spirit with felt pennant Save the Dates that they can pin on their wall and be constantly reminded of the fun times ahead!
12. Scratch Off Surprise: Guests could guess all the details and then scratch off to find out if they were right. Each save the date came with a penny so everyone could instantly play. (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
14. Balloon Art ($6): Encourage guests to get interactive with a save the date balloon.
15. Temporary Tattoo ($18): Personalized tattoos make an unforgettable way to let your guests accessorize with your wedding date!
18. Passport To Love ($50): If you’re going with a travel- themed wedding, these save the date passports are a must!
19. Gold Postcards ($110): Naturally we’re down with anything gold and these vintage floral postcards are definitely pretty enough to put on the wall.
20. Mason Jar Magnets ($70): How charming are these handmade wood slice magnets? We have a feeling they’ll stay on your guests’ fridge long after the wedding is over.
26. Record It ($6.50): Represent your love for music and all things vintage with this hipster record save the date.
How creative would you get with your save the dates? Let us know in the comments below!