We love crepes so much, we’ve been known to have them for dessert (hello, crepe cakes!). But the French street food is the perfect foundation for savory breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. Keep reading for 15 recipes to say “oui” to, including a lasagna version that must be tried!
2. Smoked Salmon Avocado Crepe Salad: Break with the traditional technique and whip up this salad instead. It’s full of smoked salmon, sliced crepes (!), and a creamy dill sauce you’ll want to put on everything. (via Havoc in the Kitchen)
3. Vegetarian Crepe Lasagna: Here’s one way to make veggie lasagna a little more appealing. Swap out traditional pasta for thin, eggy crepes, for a meal you’ll want to devour again and again. (via The Hungry Bite)
4. Spinach Crepes With Pan-Roasted Veggies: Spinach is the secret ingredient in this meal, and combined with pan-roasted mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, and onion, you’ll get a couple of servings of vegetables in one go. (via Happy Foods)
5. Duck and Oyster Mushroom Chive Crepes: The savory combo of duck and mushrooms deserves more time in the spotlight, sure. But in this dish, it’s the sweet and sour cherry sauce that manages to steal the show. (via Rhubarb & Cod)
6. Leek Pancakes With Spinach, Kale, and Ricotta: Creamy ricotta makes this dish taste positively decadent. Joined by spinach and kale, you’ll want to load up on this filling. (via Searching for Spice)
8. Low Carb Jalapeño Crepes: If you love jalapeño poppers, you’ll love these. You get all the cheesy, spicy goodness of the pub snack you crave, but these are lower in carbs and fat… so you can have seconds, duh. (via Hey Keto Mama)
10. Crispy Vietnamese Crepes: Rice flour gives these thin pancakes a distinctive texture and mild flavor that can stand up to bold ingredients. Stuff them with veggies and aromatics and eat to your heart’s content. (via Cinnamon and Coriander)
11. Baked Crepes With Mushrooms and Tartar Sauce: Tartar sauce isn’t just for fried fish; it gives great flavor to crepes too. Baked in the oven with plenty of mushrooms, this is the comfort food you need in your life. (via Balkan Lunch Box)
12. Buttermilk Buckwheat Crepes With Chicken and Mushrooms: For breakfast or dinner, you can’t beat this meal. Buckwheat pancakes stay tender thanks to buttermilk, and are filled with a flavorful blend of chicken and mushrooms. (via The Straight Dish)
14. Crepes Eggs Benedict: Brunch is obviously the best meal of the week, but it’s even better when you change things up a little bit. This recipe swaps out the English muffins for something more interesting, for a meal that will make getting out of bed on the weekends totally worth it. (via Innocent Delight)
15. Scrambled Egg Breakfast Crepes: Scrambled eggs and crepes make this dish like two breakfasts in one. Topped with a bright green spinach sauce, it’s the tastiest way to get your veggies in. (via The Charming Detroiter)
For more unique breakfast ideas, check out our Pinterest page.