When summer is here, we’re all about the seafood. Light tilapia dinner recipes beckon, and after a day of salt and sun, it’s hard to say no to a big dish of Cape Cod paella. And surf and turf takes on a special appeal after working up an appetite at the beach, especially when the grill is involved. But scallops, so sweet, succulent, and tender they’re like the candy of the sea, are the best way to embrace beachy dining during the warmest months of the year. These 15 scallop recipes will keep you feasting like a mermaid all summer long.
1. Seared Scallop Salad With Grapefruit and Avocado: Creamy avocado and bittersweet grapefruit are two ingredients that should be paired more often. Mix with juicy seared scallops for a totally craveable salad. (via The Wooden Skillet)
2. Seared Scallops With Leek Risotto: Creamy leek risotto provides a luxurious bed for caramelized seared scallops in this recipe. Top everything with a lemon brown butter sauce that’ll leave you licking your plate. (via Nerds With Knives)
3. Baked Sea Scallops: Baked in their shells, sea scallops couldn’t have a more mouthwatering presentation. They’re topped with a garlicky sauce before baking, then garnished with fresh dill and lemon. (via Garden in the Kitchen)
4. Seared Scallops With Bacon: Smokey bacon adds a pleasant complexity to a skillet of seared scallops. It plays off the seafood’s natural sweetness, which is even more highlighted by a splash of lemon juice. (via Rasa Malaysia)
5. Fiery One Pot Seafoood Pasta: This pasta arrabbiata tastes like a restaurant dish, but it’s surprisingly easy to make. Quick-cooking scallops, shrimp, and mussels add protein, while store-bought arrabbiata sauce adds big flavor with little effort. (via Killing Thyme)
6. Pasta With Scallops and Shrimp in Pink Sauce: Creamy pink sauce, like a cross between Alfredo and marinara, coats every bite of this pasta. Make it even more luxurious by tossing in some scallops and shrimp. (via Unorthodox Epicure)
8. Five-Spice Seared Scallops With Sweet Chili Rice: Add some big flavor to your weeknight menu with this surprisingly fast recipe. Five spice-coated scallops and sweet chili rice are on the table in just 30 minutes. (via What to Cook Today)
9. Easy Seafood Tacos: Forget fried fish — fill your tacos with seared scallops and shrimp instead. It makes for a lighter meal, where you can really appreciate each bite of the juicy, succulent seafood. (via Spices in My DNA)
10. Scallop Ceviche: Fresh bay scallops are the perfect candidate for ceviche. They’re so tender, they practically melt in your mouth, and their natural sweetness is the perfect counterpoint to a citrusy, spicy dressing. (via Caroline’s Cooking)
11. Strawberry-Infused Sea Scallop: Sometimes the most unexpected combinations make for the most memorable meals, like in this dish, which pairs scallops with strawberry preserves. The scallops take on an appealing crimson hue, and lemon and lime juice keep the strawberries from tasting too sweet. (via Binky’s Culinary Carnival)
12. Tomato Parmesan Scallop Bisque: Lobster usually gets all the love, but scallops can make an equally sophisticated bisque. Tomato and Parmesan enrich the broth, adding to its savory flavor. (via The Cozy Cook)
13. Bay Scallop Baby Kale Salad: Bay scallops and grilled corn have an inherent sweetness that’s a great balance for slightly bitter baby kale. Top with a savory tart cherry granola to add crunch. (via Running to the Kitchen)
14. Roasted Red Pepper Polenta Bowls With Seared Scallops: Roasted red peppers add color and a sweet, smokey flavor to the polenta in this recipe. It acts as a bed for seared scallops and veggies, soaking up every last bit of flavor. (via Le Petit Eats)
15. Charred Caesar Salad With Scallops and Almonds: We’re always looking for new ways to enjoy salad, and this one definitely piques our interest. It’s made with charred romaine, scallops, almonds, and a homemade Caesar dressing — put together in just 15 minutes. (via Cook Primal Gourmet)
For more summery seafood recipes, follow us on Pinterest.