14 Tilapia Recipes to Make When You’re Bored of Chicken
Chicken is a go-to for busy nights, when you want a healthy meal but don’t have a ton of time to put something together. But fish, from easy shrimp dinners to light seafood recipes, is just as simple to make when you’re in a rush. And white fish isn’t just delicious — it’s a healthy, low-carb protein source just like chicken. Tilapia is inexpensive, and takes to marinades and sauces like nothing else. These 14 tilapia recipes are perfect for those nights when you don’t have much time, but are bored of eating chicken.
1. Tilapia With Prosciutto and Sage: Flaky tilapia becomes a decadent dinner when given the Italian treatment. It’s wrapped in salty prosciutto and woodsy sage, becoming infused with flavor. (via The Lemon Press)
2. Tilapia With Cilantro-Lime Yogurt Sauce: Tangy yogurt keeps tilapia extra-moist, so it won’t dry out like flaky white fish sometimes can. Add lime juice, cilantro, and minced jalapeño to offset the creaminess. (via Tasty Seasons)
3. Spicy Grilled Fish: Marinated in a flavorful blend of lime juice, garlic, lime leaves, tomato, and more, this tilapia is broiled until it gets nice and crispy on both sides. (via Daily Cooking Quest)
6. Tilapia With Verzcruz Jalapeño Salsa: The salsa atop this tilapia is a little unique compared to what you might be used to. It’s based on the style found in the Mexican city of Veracruz, which features olives, tomatoes, and capers. (via Culinary Ginger)
7. Tilapia in Roasted Pepper Sauce: Sweet, roasted red peppers blend into a creamy sauce in this recipe. Add some Parmesan for deeper flavor, and pour the sauce over pan-fried tilapia filets. (via Cooktoria)
9. Tilapia Tostadas With Salsa Verde: Skip the fish tacos and pile your tilapia atop a crispy tostada instead. Add salsa verde and a tangle of crunchy slaw for even more flavor and texture. (via The Girl on Bloor)
11. Tilapia With Fried Capers and Lemon: It’s hard to beat the winning combination of seafood and lemon, but this dish tries. It adds in a bed of peppery arugula and salty fried capers to create dynamic flavors on your plate. (via Foraged Dish)
12. Easy Grilled Tilapia: A great tasting-meal doesn’t have to be complicated — just move your cooking station to the grill. Tilapia, basted in lime juice and garlic-herb butter, gets smokey and tender in minutes. (via Farm to Table)
13. Blackened Tilapia Tacos With Elotes: Skip the tomato salsa and top your fish tacos with elotes, Mexican corn made with mayo, cilantro, and lime juice. Add blackening spices so the fish gets a kick of flavor that can stand up to the creamy corn. (via Cooking for Keeps)
14. Easy Tilapia Pomodoro: Tilapia is breaded and fried, then topped with stewed tomatoes to make this cozy dish. Serve with yellow rice for a pleasant contrast in the colors on your plate. (via My Life Cookbook)
For more easy dinner ideas, follow us on Pinterest.