Even if winter isn’t your seasonal sweet spot, that’s no reason to let your impeccable sense of style down this year. With a slew of glam, fun and festive get-togethers on the agenda from now until New Year’s Eve, frumpy just isn’t an option. That’s not to say you have to ditch those crazy comfy knits and layers (they’re kind of cold-weather gold), but a little creativity is required. Drawing a blank? These six winter-ready getups will get you through every event on your calendar in style — and without breaking the bank. Each outfit piece rings in under $100.
1. Holiday Party: You’ll have best-dressed guest in the bag when you show up to your holiday parties in this siren red stunner. Balance out the throwback vibes of the bell sleeves and textured lace with modern pieces like an architectural clutch and chunky-heeled steppers. Then for a little goddess glamour, dress up those lovely locks with a shimmery hairband.
2. Kickin’ It at Home: On cold snowy nights, there’s nothing quite like staying snuggled up at home. Whether you’re planning a game night, a DIY-fest or a little holiday cookie baking with your besties, comfort is key. An oversized knit will keep you cozy and warm, while tapered trousers in a funky agate print and statement baubles ensure you’ll stay on top of your sartorial game.
3. Holiday Shopping: If you can’t make everything on your gift list this holiday season, a little shopping is definitely in order. Strike the perfect balance of fashion-forward and laid-back cool when you hit the shops in elevated separates with a casual edge. Swap out your standard skinny jeans for fashion’s favorite denim silhouette — flares — and then layer on a shimmery turtleneck top to give the look a festive, winter-ready feel. Kick it in hot-right-now velvet steppers, then pull it all together with an oversized bouclé topper.
4. Casual Cocktails: Heading out of the house when the weather is a little less than ideal can be a real struggle — those PJs are just looking so prime. A ribbed knit tube skirt is the next best thing and will keep you cozy while you sip on your signature drink. An embellished t-shirt offers the perfect blend of casual and chic, while high-shine ankle boots and a faux fur clutch take the getup into seriously stylish territory. The best part? No one will know that you’re practically rockin’ sweats.
5. Hitting the Ice: Nothing says winter like a little ice skating, so get ready to channel your inner Tara Lapinski. Beat the cold with an ultra warm parka and a flannel plaid shirt layered over a classic white tee or henley knit. Then tack on a chic scarf to keep icy winds at bay. High-waisted jeans will do you right as you whip your way across the ice, and they’ve got you covered if you happen to take a tumble too (not that you would — you’re totally a pro). Don’t forget warm wooly socks and a pair of sleek mittens for good measure!
6. Wintry Work Party: Meet the dress guaranteed to steal the spotlight at every on-duty event this season. The bold print is eye-catching without being loud and can totally hold its own, making for some serious effortless dressing. A sleeveless blazer adds an even more polished feel to the #girlboss getup, while gilded accents like of-the-moment lace-up flats and funky floral ear climbers are all about that glamour and glitz.
What are some of your favorite cold-weather looks? Share them with us in the comments!