20 No-Fuss Holiday Dresses Lazy Girls Will Love
You’re totally excited for the holiday season and all those killer parties it brings, but when it comes to the attire… well, that’s a whole other story. Dresses and duds that require even an ounce of effort are totally off the table — you need that precious energy to shake it with the best of ’em out on the dance floor. Luckily, looking flawless doesn’t have to mean spending hours on your look. Just toss on one of these 20 fab frocks and you’ll be ready to own any room you walk into — no effort needed.
1. Anthropologie Pleated Metallic Wrap Dress ($158): This dress makes a statement for you. Just throw your hair into a bun, add some earrings, heels, and an overcoat.
2. COS Velvet Dress ($135): If you like to keep your style simple, this dress with a conservative, long-sleeve cut will add a subtle shimmer to your holiday look.
3. ASOS Maxi Dress With Ruffle Detail and Open Back in Spot ($76): Pulling off polka dots at a holiday party is totally possible. Just add a red lip, lots of rings, and some edgy pumps.
4. Elliat Demi Slit Shift Dress ($135): Cool cutouts put a chic contemporary twist on a timeless shift for a dress you’ll want to whip out for every event on your agenda.
5. Reformation Miller Dress ($248): This super flattering, velvet dress deserves a place in your holiday lineup. The subtle shimmer makes it feel festive, while the stretch fabric makes for an incredibly comfortable frock.
6. Chelsea28 Ruffle Crossback Shift Dress ($129): Now this is what one-stop sophistication looks like: A pretty pine hue, flowy silhouette, bell sleeves, and crisscross back will make this frock your new go-to.
7. Free People Under Wraps Dress ($98): Go for simplicity when it comes to the add-ons to really let this bad boy shine.
8. Club L Plus All Over Glitter Maxi Dress With Wrap Front Detail ($56): If you love to sparkle, this is the dress you need. The shimmery fringe means this frock can totally hold its own — no accessories needed.
9. French Connection Turtleneck Sweater Dress ($98): Is your holiday party outdoor this year? Not to worry, this sweater dress is warm and elegant. Add a statement pair of heels or a statement necklace paired with flats.
10. Reformation Bellflower Dress ($218): For an extra-polished appearance that’s also unexpected, add patterned pumps and simple gold earrings.
11. J.O.A High Neck Fit & Flare Dress ($94): We’re all about sporting a retro look to the holiday party. Add colorful tights, a bright pair of heels, and funky earrings.
13. Forever21 Linen-Blend Shift Dress ($48): Go for the understated look with this ankle-long shift dress. Add sleek heels and statement earrings to dress it up for a holiday occasion.
14. H&M Houndstooth-Patterned Dress ($30): This patterned number is a step up from your standard shirt dress, and makes the transition from your workday to after-hours totally effortless.
15. Madewell Sezane Embroidered Elise Dress ($185): Dress up this quaint, French-inspired dress with silver clogs, and you’ve got a day to night holiday party look.
16. & Other Stories Glided Pleat Dress ($65): Getting all gussied up doesn’t have to mean getting makeup did and nails did. Let this dress make the statement for you.
17. & Other Stories Rosebud Print Dress ($85): A wide, boxy cut and voluminous, floral dress mean you can cut it up on the dance floor with ease (no wardrobe malfunctions here).
18. H&M Straight-Cut Dress ($35): Subtle slits give this understated shift dress a healthy dose of wow-factor. Wear it on its own or pair it up with a long lariat necklace.
19. Forever21 Satin Ruched Maxi Dress ($28): This long gown feels fit for royalty with its lovely layers. The satin fabric and relaxed silhouette make it easy to wear too.
20. Forever21 Oversized Billowy Maxi Dress ($35): The easiest way to stay cozy without compromising your style cred? Oversized dresses. Pair it with pointed heeled boots and minimalist earrings.
What are ways you incorporate comfort into your fashionable ensembles? Share @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)