Whether your locks are curled, straightened, chopped or teased, a single braid can add an instant upgrade to any hairstyle. From micro-braids to mastering the classics, we’ll try anything on our path to braid greatness. On the odd chance we don’t wake up one day to realize we’ve been Blake Lively all along, we’re sharing 13 ways to score some serious style points just by adding one braid to your hair.
1. French Braid Half Up: Don’t just pull it back — use a French braid to put your hair half up for instant cool. (via My Shine Project)
2. Fishtail Plaited Ponytail: A runway look that’s perfect for the office is a rare thing, but this sleek ‘do is just that. (via Fashionising)
3. Pixie Plait: Short hair, don’t care! We love this braid for pixie cuts. (via Refinery29)
4. Braided Bun: Simple, easy and polished. We like the sound of that for our morning routine. (via Sun Kiss Alba)
5. Bow Braid: How cute is this braid? It’s surprisingly simple, and with a little practice, we think we’ll be bow braid masters in no time. (via Hair Romance)
6. Upside Down Braided Bun: This braid might give you a head rush, but we think it’s totally worth it to spice up your go-to bun. (via Barefoot Blonde)
7. Braid Wrapped Ponytail: This low side pony is anything but basic when you tie it back with a braid. (via The Freckled Fox)
8. Braided Faux Hawk: This punky Dutch braid is the rocker plait of our dreams! (via Bebexo)
9. Heart Braid: This look is totally wearable hair art. It’s also super easy to create, we promise. (via Hair Romance)
10. Twist Out With a Deep Part: Some serious bounce paired with a super deep part and a twist works perfectly for trés curly hair. (via Beauty by Lee)
11. Half Up Side French Braid: This braid looks so soft and romantic, we can’t even handle it. It uses three techniques in one, so we recommend watching the video tutorial to nail the look. (via Missy Sue)
12. Single Dutch Braid: So clean and simple, this tight Dutch braid is perfect for showing off a pair of stunner earrings. (via Johnny Too Live)
13. Braid on Braid: Add a mini braid to your usual plait, and boom: instant texture. (via The Beauty Department)
Do you have any fun braids you like to add to your hair? Share in the comments below!