There isn’t a girl out there who doesn’t have some serious lust for Blake Lively’s hair. When she isn’t stunning us with her fab coats or baking up a storm of cupcakes, she’s rocking the beach wave and the loose braid like nobody’s business. From mermaid to milkmaid, here are our 10 favorite braids that Blake has rocked over the past few years.
1. Mermaid Braid: This is the braid that started the whole mermaid braid trend. Blake definitely knows how to master the loose, effortlessly bohemian look. (via Fox Magazine)
2. Loose Side Braid: Perfect for Sunday brunch or a casual evening out, a side braid with lots of hair around your face is a quick style you can pull off in minutes. (via Byrdie)
3. Twisted Ponytail Braid: Blake Lively uses a dab of coconut oil to control her flyaways for this sleek updo. (via Fox Magazine)
4. Herringbone Braid: Blake confides that she loves the side braid because of the way it shows off her favorite statement earrings. (via Glamour)
5. Twisted Updo: Maybe it’s not a look you can whip out on an everyday basis, but if you can pull off this twisted style, your photo will be repinned for months. (via Buzzfeed)
6. Tiny Braids: A braided style doesn’t need to involve all your hair. Just a couple little braids running through your hair will give you a sexy, boho look when you’re wearing your hair down. (via PopSugar)
7. High Herringbone: Contrast a sleek updo with a messy herringbone braid for a glamorous style. If you really want to get the look, try some extensions to get that extra thickness and length. (via Women’s Wear Daily)
8. Twisty and Tousled: Create loads of texture with dry shampoo and texturizing spray and then loop and pin different sized braids within braids to create a loopy, pretty bun. (via PopSugar)
9. Loose Updo: Instead of leaving her bangs down, Blake tucks them into an updo for more volume in the front of her hair. (via Style Bistro)
10. Messy Fishtail: For a fishtail that’s long and loose, take out the front pieces, mist with salt spray and tousle aggressively. (via Elle)
Which of Blake’s braids is your favorite? Talk to us in the comments below!