This Is a SoulCycle Instructor’s Entire Skincare Routine + Beauty Essentials
There’s always a bit of curiosity and, honestly, a bit of secrecy around the products and routines people use to keep their skin healthy from the inside out. What’s even more intriguing is when you can get a peek into the skincare secrets of industry experts. This series will lift the veil on the products, tips and hacks behind people who are majorly *skinspirational*.
Lauren McHale is a full-time SoulCycle instructor in San Francisco and a total badass chick. Before she began her career at SoulCycle, she was an avid yogi, hiker, skiier and snowboarder, so she’s well versed in skincare best practices for peeps who are physically active. I caught up with Lauren and picked her brain about how she takes care of her skin and freshens up when she’s done tapping it back.
WHAT IS A SOULCYCLE INSTRUCTOR’S SKINCARE ROUTINE?
1. Gentle Face Wash: “I am more of a get-up-and-go kind of girl when I have to teach early-morning “rooster” classes at SoulCycle, so I usually just wash my face quickly with Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser ($7).”
2. Hydrating Lip Balm: “I love the peppermint smell of Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm ($3), and it keeps my lips hydrated all day. I apply it before heading out the door.”
3. Refreshing Face Wipes: “All day, every day and in between classes especially, I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit Cleansing Wipes ($7) to energize my skin. I love the smell, and they keep my skin feeling fresh. I actually try to avoid using skincare products when I’m teaching the bulk of my classes because I don’t want it to get in my eyes later while I’m teaching and sweating.”
4. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize: “In all honesty, I keep it really simple with my skincare routine, but I’m a big fan of using coconut oil as a natural moisturizer, or sometimes I’ll use some Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum ($24).”
WHAT IS A SOULCYCLE INSTRUCTOR’S BEAUTY ROUTINE?
5. SPF is everything. “Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55 ($12) leaves my skin feeling soft and silky, not greasy or shiny, which is great when I’m going from a day at the park to dinner and drinks with friends. My skin feels protected and clean!”
6. Get your glow on. “I love the way bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream ($30) makes my skin feel, and it always gives me a healthy glow.”
7. Hack lashes for days. “Benefit They’re Real Lengthening Mascara ($24) truly lives up to its name and makes my eyelashes look amazing without having to reapply over and over.”
Follow us on Pinterest for more skincare tips.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via @lmchale)