Ladies, it’s well past time to break out the winter wear that’s been tucked in the back of your closet (or attic). Whether you’re staying local or traveling for the holidays, a proper winter coat to keep you warm is essential. And with all the holiday shopping and prep you’ve got on your to-do list, you’ll need something that won’t weigh you down. We’ve found 21 sleek puffer coats that will keep you warm without all the bulk so you can brave the winter cold in style.
1. Bellfield Hooded Padded Jacket with Contrast Lining ($66): Just because it’s cold out doesn’t mean you have to stay cooped inside. Break out those mittens and toboggan before you catch a case of cabin fever.
2. Vero Moda Puffer Jacket ($72): A basic black puffer in a simple silhouette goes with just about everything in your closet. Consider this the LBD of winter coats.
3. 32 Degrees Quilted Down Packable Puffer Coat ($70): This slimline jacket comes in 20 colors, and this deep turquoise number was our favorite of the bunch. Grab one or a few in your favorite shades to layer on top of your winter workout wear.
4. Laundry by Shelli Segal Reversible Packable Down Puffer Coat ($180): Headed out of town for your annual ski trip with the crew? This down-filled puffer fits in a packable pouch and it’s reversible. Win-win!
5. Platinum Puffer Jacket ($88): We’re planning on letting our flannel peek through this stunning metallic jacket.
6. Bellfield Padded Jacket with Faux Fur Hood and Pom Poms ($45): Can everything we wear have pom pom details like this ruby red diamond-stitched jacket?
7. Laundry by Shelli Segal Belted Puffer Coat ($160): The elastic belt on this snowy white wonder cinches in your waist, a feminine touch that’s often lacking when it comes to functional winter wear. And then they throw in a detachable hood with faux-fur trim, and we’re sold.
8. Quilted Puffer Jacket ($40): This isn’t a basic black coat. We love its quilted detail, belted waist, faux shearling lining and snap pockets.
9. Michael Kors Wing-Collar Puffer Coat ($180): Orange you glad this coat will keep you warm this winter?
10. North Face ThermoBall PrimaLoft Quilted Coat ($230): This puffer is made of high-performance nylon that has built-in technology to retain body heat, even in the wettest winter conditions. Its longer silhouette and elastic pulls at the cuffs lock warmth in.
11. Michael Kors Packable Quilted Puffer Coat ($150): We’ll have a blue, blue, blue, blue Christmas in this down-filled streamline jacket.
12. Laundry by Shelli Segal Hooded Quilted Packable Down Puffer Coat ($170): How gorg is the plum color on this high-gloss coat? Believe it or not, this highly compressible jacket fits into that little packable pouch.
13. Long Puffer Coat ($138): The extended length on this black faux-fur trimmed coat will protect you from the harsh winter wind.
14. Kensie Quilted Faux Fur Down Puffer Coat ($150): This military green belted puffer calls us to attention. The cuffs are lined with a ribbed knit to keep your mittens locked in comfortably.
15. J. Crew Collection Shiny Puffer Jacket ($220): This diamond-quilted coat channels the right amount of sporty chic, and we adore this shade of wine.
16. Women’s Plus Long Hooded Quilted Coat ($80): The snap buttons and zipper closure of this belted puffer provide not one, but two shields against the blistering winter winds. Throw this puffer on over jeans and your tacky Christmas sweater and you’re set.
17. Marc New York Hooded Faux Fur Trim Quilted Down Coat ($160): We’ll stay happy and warm while we’re out caroling with this midnight blue coat on. The faux-fur hood zips off so you can style it from day to night.
18. Calvin Klein Hooded Faux Fur Trim Quilted Puffer Coat ($180): Nothing but blue skies with this quilted puffer. How chic is that black faux fur collar?
19. Zara Ultralight Short Down Jacket ($100): We’re crazy about this bronze jacket. With gold metallic snap closures and zippers, it’s a glam girl’s dream coat.
20. Quilted Jacket ($35): This quilted jacket is the sleekest of the bunch, perfect for layering.
21. Tommy Hilfiger Hooded Belted Puffer Coat ($120): Throw on this luxe navy coat with a pair of riding boots and your comfiest cable knit sweater.
Which puffer jacket is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!