Who doesn’t adore the gooey, sticky, chocolatey goodness of a perfectly roasted marshmallow squished between crunchy graham crackers? There is an instant nostalgia when it comes to s’mores — memories of camping with friends and family or summers in the country. But s’mores are hardly a dessert that should disappear with childhood! Whether you go gourmet, want to make indoor s’mores or just need a summery treat, people of all ages can appreciate this heavenly sandwich, making it a great hostess gift, wedding or party favor.
1. Recchiuti Confections ($25): Perfect for the adult who is taking life a little too seriously, because who can resist a gooey mess of handmade vanilla bean marshmallows and bittersweet chocolate? Each kit makes four sandwiches or eight open-faced s’mores.
2. Whimsey and Spice ($18): Toast homemade marshmallows and then squish them between these thick, soft graham-cracker shortbread cookies. You’ll never go back to those store-bought crackers again. Each kit comes with six maple marshmallows, 12 crackers, six chocolate squares and three mini skewers.
3. DIY S’mores Kit: This would make a great hostess gift or a fun surprise for your next camping adventure. Just find some decorative paper to wrap up the chocolate bars, and you have a beautiful treat that adults of any age will be thrilled to receive. (via Creature Comforts)
4. Beaverdale Confections ($25): With nine different flavors of marshmallows, this is the s’mores kit of your dreams. You can choose two bags of marshmallows with flavors like cinnamon, coconut, caramel and chocolate. Each kit comes with 12 pizzelle cookies and 1/4 lb of Belgium chocolate.
6. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery ($25): With only organic, high-quality ingredients, this kit comes with homemade graham crackers, corn syrup-free marshmallows and smoked chocolate for that authentic campfire flavor.
8. Madyson’s Marshmallows ($20): These kits come in two incredible flavors: chocolate chip marshmallows with sugar cookies or peanut butter marshmallows with chocolate cookies. We’re thinking we need one of each.
10. DeBrand Gourmet S’mores Kit ($40): Available in two flavors — cinnamon and vanilla — these kits come with sugar cookies instead of graham crackers and thick, handmade marshmallows.
11. DIY S’mores Printable: Part of the fun of making your own s’mores kit is that you can include all your own favorite bits. From salted chocolate to amaretto marshmallows, the possibilities are endless and with this cute printable, you have an adorable gift on your hands. (via Style Me Pretty)
12. Hershey’s S’mores Kit ($20): If you are a purist, then you can’t go wrong with a classic s’mores kit right from Hershey. This kit makes 36 sandos so it’s perfect for a big crowd of happy campers.
13. S’more Love Wedding Favors: If you’re planning a funky, outdoorsy wedding this summer, consider using s’mores as a wedding favor. Since the ingredients are fairly inexpensive, you can play around with pretty packaging for a truly special favor that your guests will actually want to take home. (via Elizabeth Ann Designs)
14. Natural Decadence Gluten-Free S’mores Kit ($14): No one should have to miss out on the deliciousness of s’mores because of dietary restrictions. This kit is the perfect solution, with vegan marshmallows and gluten-free crackers.
15. Haypenny Confections ($10): Check out this adorable site to see if you live next to a retailer who carries these beautiful s’more kits with amazing flavors like bourbon praline and coconut. They have reinvented awesome with the freshest and local ingredients handmade in small batches.
Will you trying any of these s’more kits this summer? Let us know in the comments below!