Great Gift Idea: 15 S’mores Kits for Campers and Sweet Tooths Alike
Who doesn’t adore the gooey, sticky, chocolatey goodness of a perfectly roasted marshmallow squished between crunchy graham crackers? There is an instant nostalgia when it comes to s’mores — memories of camping with friends and family or summers in the country. But s’mores are hardly a dessert that should disappear with childhood! Whether you go gourmet, want to make indoor s’mores or just need a summery treat, people of all ages can appreciate this heavenly sandwich, making it a great hostess gift, wedding or party favor.
1. Recchiuti Confections ($25): Perfect for the adult who is taking life a little too seriously, because who can resist a gooey mess of handmade vanilla bean marshmallows and bittersweet chocolate? Each kit makes four sandwiches or eight open-faced s’mores.
2. Whimsey and Spice ($18): Toast homemade marshmallows and then squish them between these thick, soft graham-cracker shortbread cookies. You’ll never go back to those store-bought crackers again. Each kit comes with six maple marshmallows, 12 crackers, six chocolate squares and three mini skewers.
3. DIY S’mores Kit: This would make a great hostess gift or a fun surprise for your next camping adventure. Just find some decorative paper to wrap up the chocolate bars, and you have a beautiful treat that adults of any age will be thrilled to receive. (via Creature Comforts)
4. Beaverdale Confections ($25): With nine different flavors of marshmallows, this is the s’mores kit of your dreams. You can choose two bags of marshmallows with flavors like cinnamon, coconut, caramel and chocolate. Each kit comes with 12 pizzelle cookies and 1/4 lb of Belgium chocolate.
6. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery ($25): With only organic, high-quality ingredients, this kit comes with homemade graham crackers, corn syrup-free marshmallows and smoked chocolate for that authentic campfire flavor.
8. Madyson’s Marshmallows ($20): These kits come in two incredible flavors: chocolate chip marshmallows with sugar cookies or peanut butter marshmallows with chocolate cookies. We’re thinking we need one of each.
10. DeBrand Gourmet S’mores Kit ($40): Available in two flavors — cinnamon and vanilla — these kits come with sugar cookies instead of graham crackers and thick, handmade marshmallows.
11. DIY S’mores Printable: Part of the fun of making your own s’mores kit is that you can include all your own favorite bits. From salted chocolate to amaretto marshmallows, the possibilities are endless and with this cute printable, you have an adorable gift on your hands. (via Style Me Pretty)
12. Hershey’s S’mores Kit ($20): If you are a purist, then you can’t go wrong with a classic s’mores kit right from Hershey. This kit makes 36 sandos so it’s perfect for a big crowd of happy campers.
13. S’more Love Wedding Favors: If you’re planning a funky, outdoorsy wedding this summer, consider using s’mores as a wedding favor. Since the ingredients are fairly inexpensive, you can play around with pretty packaging for a truly special favor that your guests will actually want to take home. (via Elizabeth Ann Designs)
14. Natural Decadence Gluten-Free S’mores Kit ($14): No one should have to miss out on the deliciousness of s’mores because of dietary restrictions. This kit is the perfect solution, with vegan marshmallows and gluten-free crackers.
15. Haypenny Confections ($10): Check out this adorable site to see if you live next to a retailer who carries these beautiful s’more kits with amazing flavors like bourbon praline and coconut. They have reinvented awesome with the freshest and local ingredients handmade in small batches.
Will you trying any of these s’more kits this summer? Let us know in the comments below!
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)