9 Perfect Playdate Snacks for Preschoolers
Playdate at your house! Oh the games, the crafts, the toys, the snacks! Wait. Snacks? Yep, you’ll probably need to feed the littles during their afternoon of fun. And whether your kiddo is the prince of picky eaters or enjoys almost everything you put on their plate, planning a mini menu for a playdate means you need to take other kids’ likes and dislikes into account too. Before the other parents start dropping their tots off at your place, check out these playdate-perfect snacks.
1. Plum Organics Applesauce Mashups ($3): Your kiddo is on the go — especially during a playdate. These organic applesauce mixers combine all of their favorite fruits in an easy-to-eat pouch.
2. Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies ($7 for 2 boxes): These adorable little bunnies are totally tasty. (Extra critical because you’ll probably nab at least a handful before your preschooler and their playdate buddies get ahold of them.) And they’re made with organic wheat and are free of artificial flavors, synthetic colors, and synthetic preservatives.
3. FreeYumm Allergen-Free Honey Apple Oat Bars ($14): When the kiddos you’re hosting have allergies, these little gems can certainly come in handy. FreeYumm’s oat bars are nut-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
4. Bare Natural Fruit Chips ($5+): Your kiddo craves coconut, but their playdate pal prefers apples. Don’t stress! These single-serve crunchy fruit snacks come in three different flavors (apple, coconut, and banana) and are made from non-GMO, gluten-free, and dairy-free ingredients.
5. Earth’s Best Organic Sesame Street Sunny Day Snack Bars ($20): Messy foods don’t exactly work for the playdate crowd if you’d prefer not to spend the day cleaning up. These tidy snack bars are made with non-GMO ingredients, are easy to carry around, and are tasty too.
6. Pure Growth Organic Snack Mix ($1): Keep the kiddo’s salt cravings in check with these single-serve snack mix bags. These come ready-made AND the bags have your little one’s favorite Paw Patrol characters on them!
7. Nature’s Bakery Raspberry Fig Bars ($3): These fruit-filled bars are vegan and soy-free. And the soft stone-ground whole wheat treats are sweet without the addition of high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, or artificial flavors.
8. Stonyfield Organic Chocolate Yogurt & Pretzel Snack Pack ($2): Sometimes the kids need a special treat. These non-GMO, organic, low-fat treats are sweet for the kids to eat — without making you worry about your child (and their friends) eating candy filled with who knows what.
9. Chobani Gimmies Greek-Style Yogurt Tubes ($5): The name kind of says it all. Gimmies are a sweet snack your kiddo will ask for all the time. And it’s neatly packaged into easy-to-eat, and easy-to-carry, tubes.
What’s your kiddo’s favorite snack? Share their pick and tweet us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.