Sorry, Kim: Hillarymoji Will Be Your New Celebrity Emoji Obsession
Once again, it’s time to cheer to the freakin’ weekend. And what better way can we toast the best days of the week than with a round-up of our favorite apps that came out this week. This week’s apps include a Hillary Clinton emoji app (pantsuits for everyone!), a digital watermark maker for your photos and a great, digital alternative to the group friend vote. Download ’em all and then let us know which apps you’re loving.
1. Hillarymoji: If the one thing your emoji keyboard is missing is a good pantsuit, boy, have we got good news for you. There’s now a Hillary Clinton-themed emoji keyboard. It’s time to add that signature blonde bob and girl power to your texts. (We’re going to be using that emoji of Hill texting with sunglasses soooo much.)
2. Remarkly: Make your pictures say 1,001 words. This photo-editing app sticks out from the rest because it adds your genuine handwriting to your photos. Write something on a piece of paper, scan it into the app and it will create a personalized watermark you can add to all your favorite photos. We’re pretty sure this is how Van Gogh would have signed his work if he lived in the 21st century.
3. Postepic: In the words of Oscar Wilde: “The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.” Find your next favorite quote to whip out in conversation with Postepic. The app is kind of like GoodReads, but it allows users to share their favorite passages and quotes from whatever they’re reading. Get ready to impress everyone you know with your literary knowledge.
4. Yubl: Friend groups are a democracy. And in a democracy, every vote counts. Make sure all your friends are represented in the next happy hour location decision or whether or not you should buy that new dress. Yubl makes group voting fun and hanging out even easier.
5. Flare: Not every idea is a good idea. Find good ideas around you or find out whether or not that genius idea you had for a guacamole bar is really that good. And if you always kind of wanted to be an angel investor — or at least a creative consultant — you can make those dreams a reality by becoming an adviser on projects you’re passionate about.
Which app are you using most right now? Let us know @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)