17 Gorgeous Ideas for a Southwestern Wedding Theme
Transport your guests to a desert wonderland with a Southwestern-themed wedding. This theme allows for you to get really creative with your Big Day and all the DIY wedding ideas you have for it. Modern bohemian flair — from natural elements like dreamcatchers to colorful Mexican serapes — will result in a wedding full of unique details that your friends and family are sure to love and remember. And Instagram heavily ;)
2. Natural Centerpieces: Fill glass jars with beans or river pebbles and a top it off with a succulent to give your tables a Southwestern feel. (Event Design via Crosby + Jon / @crosbyandjon; photo via Dana Grant / @danagrantphoto)
3. Free-Spirited Invites: Create an invitation suite that embodies a free-spirited elegance and rich textural elements. Lush florals combine with shades of gold and soft whites that are wrapped with a braided cord and sealed with ivory wax. (Stationery via East Six Invitations / @east_six)
6. Unique Jewelry: Accessorize your wedding day with playful, earth-toned earrings and a bohemian pendant. (Jewelry via Flawed Perfection Jewelry / @meganluvsjewels; photo via Chris Wojdak / @chriswojdak)
8. Color Served Hot: Punch up your table setting with colorful linens and add a personalized touch with Aztec-print notebooks and feather name cards. (Event Design via Harmony Creative / @harmonycreative; photo via Michelle Rene / @michelle.rene.photography)
11. LOTS of Feathers: Let your guests know where they’ll be seated for the reception with mini dream catchers accented with feathers. (Wedding Planner via LVL Events / @lvlweddings; photo via DNA Wiley / @dnawylie)
12. Arrows Too! Personalize your cocktail hour with a custom bar complete with bright hand-painted arrows. (Event Design via Magnolia Bluebird / @Mbbde; photo via Hannah Hudson / @hannahhudsonphotography)
13. Sweet Dream Place Settings: Send your guests home to dream the sweetest of dreams with a feathered dream catcher as your favor. (Photo via Michelle Mishina Photography / @mishinaphoto; Napkin via Cause We Can Events / @causewecanevents
14. Perfect for Pics: Throw on a gorgeous kimono like this one ($195 for three) before slipping into your gown to keep you looking pretty as ever while getting ready. (via Plum Pretty Sugar / @plumprettysugar)
16. Matching Menus: Add fun accents to your table settings and menus like leather strands, beads and colorful feathers. (Stationery via Whimsique Invitations / @whimsiqueinvitations; photo via Half Full Photography /@wearehalffull)
17. More Lace Please: Swap out your chargers with intricate lace dreamcatchers. (Floral Design via Wisteria Lane Floral Design Studio; Dreamcatcher via Megan Ondercin Event Design / @meganondercin; photo via Studio EMP / @joel_studioemp)
Which of these decor ideas is your fave? Share in the comments below.
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.