15 Splurge-Worthy Home Gym Equipment Essentials
For many of us, 2017 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2018! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks, and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
One of the biggest obstacles of sticking with that New Year fitness resolution is getting to the gym, but with these investments, you don’t have to leave your nest to make your fitness dreams come true. No matter if your goals are related to strength, weight loss or simply to feel better each day, these tools will let you reach them from within the confines of your home gym and in front of your current favorite Netflix binge. And while some might cost a little more than you’re ready to spend, just think about all that money you’re saving from the monthly gym membership. Get ready to save those dollars and feel good about investing in that beautiful body of yours.
1. Primal 7 Suspension System ($179): This innovative suspension trainer is pretty much the holy grail when it comes to fitness. Whether you’re looking to improve your flexibility, lose weight, get swole or simply be the healthiest version of yourself you can be, Primal 7 has a million ways to get you there. Plus, it comes in a cute backpack and can be quickly installed anywhere there’s a door, so you basically have a home gym whenever and wherever your whims take you.
2. Indo Balance Board ($170): Doing the same ol’ workout day in and day out can get really boring really quickly. Fortunately, the Indo Board, which works your core, strength and balance, takes monotony out of the equation.
3. DeskCycle Desk Exercise Bike ($159): For the sedentary worker, the DeskCycle is an absolute game-changer. You can slip this little guy under your desk, pedal to your heart’s content and stop worrying about finding a time to fit a workout in.
4. Iron Gym Total Upper Body Work Out Bar ($47): For building upper-body strength, don’t knock old-fashioned pull-ups. If you’re hurting for space, this bar is a stellar option for its compact design and super easy installation. And it also happens to be uber affordable.
5. Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine ($209): Sorry, spinning; rowing is the fitness trend right now. This compact machine lets you in on the action from your living room.
6. Total Gym XLS ($850): Similar to the Transformers you used to play with as a kid, the Power Tower can move and shift in seemingly endless positions so you can get in a full-body workout using just one device. And while it’s not cheap, it covers so many bases that it’s pretty much all you’ll ever need.
7. Conquer 6-in-1 Inversion Table ($189): From blissful back stretches to killer ab workouts, this six-in-one workout device is another comprehensive investment in your fitness future. It’s also relatively lightweight, so you can keep it tucked out of sight until it’s time to use it.
8. GoFit Workout Barre ($149): If you’re obsessed with the barre workouts that have become so popular, then do yourself a favor and bring it home with you. This kit has everything you need to get it done from the comfort of your own home while cutting out the costs of pricey barre classes.
9. Champion Sports Gel-Filled Medicine Ball ($9+): Medicine balls are a versatile tool that can be used by folks of any fitness level. Whether you throw ’em, bounce ’em, toss ’em or twist with ’em, they’re an easy peasy way to sneak in a workout from virtually anywhere.
10. Bosu Balance Trainer ($100): From back to front and top to bottom, a Bosu Balance Trainer is an awesome tool for building strength, balance and stability. Not sure how to squeeze all of those moves out of it? No worries. It comes with a guide that’ll tell you everything you need to know.
11. NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill ($999): Oh, cardio — how we dread you, but how necessary you are. Fortunately, this treadmill makes it easier by letting you run off last night’s cocktails in front of your favorite binge-worthy show.
12. Body Solid Vertical Dumbbell Rack With 12 Pairs of Vinyl Dumbbells ($376): Dumbbells are a home gym staple for a reason: They’re incredibly effective when it comes to getting your body tight and right. And this robust set will grow with you as your body gets stronger and stronger.
13. Body Solid Vinyl Coated Colored Kettlebells ($126, set of six): Don’t let the cute colors fool you — kettlebells deliver a killer workout in a tiny package. You can get all kinds of fit and strong by swinging around this set of candy-coated colors.
14. Body Solid Olympic Rubber Grip Plate Set ($600): Want to take your strength to the next level but don’t want to have to swipe left IRL in the weight room? Bring the weight room to you with this rainbow barbell set.
15. Peloton Bike ($1,995): Great for your heart, legs and booty, biking is an awesome all-levels exercise — unless, of course, it’s raining. Or cold. Or windy. Get in a stellar workout, rain or shine, by bringing one of these investments home in 2017.
Want more fit-spiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.