12 Color Pairings to Refresh Your Space This Spring
Spring is a great time to hit refresh on your interior *and* revamp it with new colors to wake up your space. Once the spring cleaning and closet-purging is done and you’re ready to redecorate, the first step is deciding on a color palette! Are you feeling those cool and vivid tones, or something a bit more Scandi neutral? We’ve got a few fresh ideas and plenty of inspo to help you decide on your color scheme for the season. Check out these spring color pairings that are perfect for the pastel enthusiasts and metallic admirers alike, and that are sure to earn you a million compliments from the #squad at your next spring-inspired brunch.
1. Lavender + Orange: Lavender is know for its soothing properties and aroma, and the calming pastel tone is a springtime staple. Pairing it with a sassy orange brings on an edgy interior statement, so paint the walls with this soothing shade and accent with a bright orange chair or accessory. (via Domino)
2. Blue + Yellow: This color pairing is the ultimate cheery combo. But if you’re a little hesitant about splurging on a yellow couch (baby steps!), bring in a few accent pillows so this kickass combo can totally update your space this season. (via Brit + Co)
3. Periwinkle + Gray: This dreamy color pairing is a great choice for a bedroom or living room where you Netflix and chill. Throw in a few cooler metallic accents for a twinkle, and the vibe is set for the season. (via Oh My Dear)
4. Brass + Light Blue: Brass is back with a vengeance, and the good news is that it can be BFFs with just about any color out there! Going for a beach-y feel in your dining room? Add a little geometric sparkle above your table and bring in cool blue chairs to draw the eye back down. (via Apartment Therapy)
5. Pink + Green: Pink is just one of those colors that goes with everything. Keep the pink a little muted and toss in a lush green to ground the space. Add wooden accents with furniture and accessories for a botanically-inspired look. (via Elle Decor España)
6. Blush + White: Give your bedroom a dreamy, feminine update this season. Blush and white pair easily to create a totally soothing moment that’s way more chic than Barbie’s pink room. Add a lush fur for texture (and to keep your toes warm), then pile on the pillows for an oasis-like and romantic feel. (via Trendnet)
7. Emerald + Gray: Emerald has been having a major moment ever since Pantone declared it the color of the year in 2013. It feels luxurious and inviting all at once. Go with a neutral gray, and bring in a woodsy or metallic accent for a trifecta of cool. (via ELLE)
8. Blues, Teal + Yellow: Spring is all about the statement wall. This color club will brighten any room and is super easy to accent with springtime blooms and accessories. Not ready to commit to a geometric wall project? DIY the look on a few canvasses for a gallery wall instead. (via Brit + Co)
9. Pink + Aqua Blue: If you’re half expecting to find “Pantone was here” carved into a tiny corner, you’re not too far off the mark. Let your spring pastels shine with this cool combo that adds a green tinge, like in a spring garden. A dark wood accent can pull the neutral tones out of both shades for a chic moment that isn’t too sugary. (via SF Girl By Bay)
10. Mustard + Pink: Mustard has been back for quite some time, and pairing this saturated yellow with a pastel pink makes it totally appropriate for spring. Add a green textured pillow to add dimension, but otherwise let the palette speak for itself. (via Plascon Trends)
11. Copper + Pink: Copper may have a cold weather reputation but when paired with a light pastel and cool gray, it quickly becomes totally on-point for spring. Embrace this warm metallic with lots of little accents, and play up tight, geometric patterns with your textiles. (via Domino)
12. Navy + Brass: Nautical navy is just one of those colors that looks great any time of the year. Play it up with a sassy brass accent and a graphic pattern for a quick refresh that will look amazing all spring long and beyond. (via Gallerie B)
Looking for more interior inspo? Follow us on Pinterest for more ways to update your space this season!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)