From Anthro to Zara: 28 Spring Outfit Essentials Under $100
The reemergence of warm weather, sun and signs of natural life aside, the thing you crave the most about spring is the shedding of heavy cold-weather layers — colorful winter coats and sweater dresses included — and getting a new wardrobe into tip-top spring shape. It’s hard not to get excited about new silhouettes, lightweight fabrics, playful prints and fresh color. The hunt, on the other hand, is something we could all do without. Before you spend hours scrolling through pages packed with new-season duds or getting lost in the racks at your go-to shops, check here. We’ve done all the grunt work for you and picked 28 essential spring style essentials: the must-have accessories, clothing and shoes from your favorite stores in one easy-to-shop place. The best part? They’re all $100 or less. It’s your one-stop-shop for serious seasonal style.
1. Ann Taylor Striped Scarf ($60): Whether belted over a flowy floral dress, draped effortlessly over everyday basics or tied around a favorite bag, scarves are the easiest way to add unique flare to any outfit. And that means big things for your wallet.
2. Article& Marta Dress ($52): This short-and-sweet dress is the definition of toss on and go. With trend-right ruffles and a playful palm print, there’s no need to accessorize.
3. ASOS Linen Culottes With Detachable Straps ($60): One piece, two totally different looks. Detachable straps instantly turn these wide-leg culottes into a playful jumpsuit just like that. The versatility makes them a must-pack for all your weekend getaways.
4. BaubleBar Amalfi Drops ($34): Take the leap into spring with coral fringe that feels fit for a stint on the shores of the Mediterranean. Pull your hair up into a lazy-girl top knot for maximum ear exposure.
5. By Boe Triplet Nail Ring ($100): Sleek, modern design doesn’t need glitz and glamor to stand out, and this dainty number is proof. Play into its subtle bohemian style with a turquoise cuff or layered chain necklaces.
6. Charles & Keith Origami Detail Clutch ($59): If you plan on upgrading your clutch this season, make sure it’s one that packs a punch. This sleek stunner is cool and classy all rolled into one, with origami detailing and a neutral navy hue that will read chic however and whenever you wear it.
7. COS Cut-Out Circle Bangle ($39): Cut it out. A minimal, sculptural cuff that glistens in the light? It’s a must-wear with structured sheaths and athleisure ensembles alike.
8. Everlane The Street Fleece Bomber ($70): The coolest way to cover up this season is with a sporty bomber jacket, so retire your black leather or denim toppers to the back of the closet (at least temporarily). From brunch to the bars and everywhere in between, it gives off an effortless cool vibe that’s guaranteed to earn you some serious style cred.
9. Farrow Dellano Top ($58): Even a combo as classic as a tee and jeans needs updating every once in a while, and that’s where this flirty number steps in. It’s just as effortless as your favorite French girl stripes, but puts up a polished front.
10. Forever21 Lace-Up Sweater Top ($15): This is what happens when your favorite crop top gets a ’70s makeover. Watch as the double taps on your #OOTD quadruple when you wear it with a button-front skirt, heeled clogs and a bomber jacket. Stunner shades are obligatory.
11. Free People Braided Baby Mini Skirt ($78): You can’t go wrong with an A-line skirt, especially one with a braided waistband and dark indigo dye. Pair it with a cozy sweater and OTK boots now, then rock it with a crop top and lace-up flats once the warm weather hits.
12. Growze Stripe Sleeveless Jumpsuit ($84): Every girl needs a wear-anywhere jumpsuit, and this sassy striped number is it. An extra outer layer, like your go-to blazer, makes it on-the-job appropriate, while fiery red lipstick and an effortless topknot are ready to take on all your after-hours outings.
13. H&M Imitation Suede Biker Jacket ($70): When you’re not feelin’ the double denim or leather thang, think suede. Play it cool with a tucked-in tee and flares, or take it along while you gallery hop in a striped rib knit midi dress.
14. Inari Textured Mockneck Tank ($88): Your favorite snuggly turtleneck top goes sleeveless for spring, and the result is super chic. Trust us: This will be the piece you reach for again and again — and again — this spring.
15. J.Crew Marlo Crossbody Bag ($98): Saying sayonara to heavy layers has a trickle-down effect in your wardrobe, so kiss that too-big tote goodbye. With its vibrant teal hue and clean modern shape, this leather crossbody makes a mean argument for paring down.
16. Loft Modern Kick Crop Jeans ($60): With so many new silhouettes to choose from, skinny jeans have become a hard sell. But this white-hot pair is proof that the timeless style isn’t going anywhere.
17. Madewell Silk Island Skirt ($98): We won’t skirt the issue — a flowy skirt (with pockets, nonetheless) provides endless style opportunities. Skip the predictable floral prints with this checked skirt. It’ll turn heads whether you’re sipping on Bloody Marys at brunch or scoping out the latest exhibit at your favorite museum.
18. Mango Belt Satin Dress ($100): New season, new LBD, right? Wrong. This sired-red A-line is the only dress you need in your arsenal from now until Labor Day. Weddings, graduations, you name it — it has every event on your agenda in the bag. Take it to the next level with a glitzy ear crawler and a killer manicure.
19. & Other Stories Color Block Sweater ($85): Cropped denim, leather culottes, pleated midi skirts — is there anything you can’t pair this color block sweater with? It’s impossible to resist.
20. Outdoor Voices Mockneck Crop ($60): Perfect for layering or sporting solo, this static print crop top gives a whole new meaning to the idea of double duty. While it’s made for the mat, it’s badass enough to wear outside the studio too. Just add joggers and a leather jacket.
21. Nasty Gal Chevron Chase Cropped Sweater ($48): There’s a sweater for every season, and this rainbow-bright chevron style screams spring. Plus, you can rock it all year long.
22. Quay Australia Circus Life Sunglasses ($50): Don’t get us wrong — we love a pair of statement shades. But every girl needs a pair of classic sunnies that are streamlined enough to wear in any sartorial situation. With gleaming gold metal and a timeless shape, this iridescent pair is sure to become a fast fave.
23. Reformation Diletta Dress ($98): Step aside, slip dress. The tank dress is the ’90s style staple your wardrobe really needs this spring. Decidedly more laid-back than its slinky counterpart, this understated number straight-up slays with flatforms, denim jackets and dainty chokers.
24. Sister Jane Topaz Volante Sweater ($79): Pieces that combine comfort and right-now appeal are the style-conscious lazy girl’s dream. And that’s exactly why you need to add this ruffled number to your spring must-have list.
25. Steve Madden Rella Ankle Wrap Sandal ($70): These Grecian gladiators combine two of spring’s biggest shoe trends: metallics and laces. Consider them the sleekest way to style a ruffled cold-shoulder romper.
26. Topshop Juno Soft Glove Mid Shoes ($100): Don’t be put off by the glove shoe’s “ugly” reputation — their less-is-more aesthetic makes them a true one-shoe wonder. In a shade of vibrant orange, this go-anywhere pair provides the pop of color your basics need this spring.
27. Urban Outfitters Kimchi Blue Pleated Kimono Jacket ($69): Blazer, please. This season, skip the standard workweek staple for a micro-pleated kimono with runway-ready appeal. It breaks up the monotony of nine-to-five dressing, and works like magic to elevate t-shirts and jeans.
28. Zara Top With Contrasting Bands ($40): Skip the LBD for your next soiree and rock this cold-shoulder beauty instead. Slip into a pair of high-waisted trousers and block heel court shoes, and finish with statement drop earrings for an It girl-approved look.
What’s on your spring must-have list? Follow us on Pinterest for more up-and-coming trends + style inspo.