18 Colorful Winter Coats to Keep You Warm in Style
After some unseasonably warm temps, winter is back at full force, which means it’s once again time to pile on those layers. Enter: your rotation of trusty knits, over-the-knee boots and bulky, cold-weather toppers that may or may not make you look like a marshmallow in disguise. But to be honest, bulk is way less of a concern than color. A brightly colored coat or one with a striking silhouette is stand-out-from-the-crowd material, but a coat with zero pizzazz? Cue the winter blues. Nail a bold and cheery winter look in one of these 18 statement-making coats that will combat the elements in style.
1. Zara Wool Coat ($70): On Wednesdays, we wear pink (wool toppers)… and now you can too. Wear this streamlined coat with a stylish sweatshirt, sequined pants and some chandelier earrings for your next GNO.
3. Monki Belted Jacket ($135): Get spotted a mile away in this fluorescent green, belted coat that gives off major #lazygirl vibes. Pair with monochromatic sneakers and fleece-lined leggings for a trip to the gym.
4. FRS Suedette Multi-Color Trench Coat ($83): Add a dose of color blocking to your nine-to-five look with this retro suede trench coat. For a one-and-done look, team it up with a white button-down, flared trousers and pointed toe ankle boots.
6. Kenneth Cole New York Brushed Plaid Reefer Coat ($128): Calling all self-proclaimed cool girls: THIS is the oversized plaid jacket that will always do you right. The menswear-inspired silhouette is practically begging to be paired with some metallic platform oxfords and a cross-body satchel.
7. Old Navy Lightweight Quilted Jacket ($65): It’s hard to hate on winter weather when you have a quilted jacket this bright + cheery in your arsenal. Hit the slopes in style by layering this guy up with a fisherman sweater, your favorite plaid and a durable pair of snow boots.
10. Zara Turquoise Green Wool Coat ($149): Trekking out into the snow is a smidge more bearable when you have a turquoise green coat this swoon-inducing to fall back on. DO style it up with marled knits and a playful pom beanie.
11. Free People Denim Car Coat ($168): On the rare occasion that it’s not borderline freezing outside, opt for this denim coat that can be layered over a turtleneck sweater for a boho look.
12. & Other Stories Leopard Coat ($175): For an evening-appropriate look — read: no unsightly puffers or bulky parkas here — this faux fur leopard coat will have you winter gala-ready in no time. Swap out the snow boots for a pair of party pumps and hit the town in style.
13. Madewell Textured Cocoon Coat ($298): Keep the wardrobe conundrums at bay with this cocoon coat that sports next-level tonal stripes. Pair it with anything from black velvet overalls to plain ol’ jeans for a polished look that never gets old.
16. Without Walls Reversible City Bomber Jacket ($99): Join the bomb squad with this reversible bomber jacket that’s all quilted on one side and satin on the other. The cropped silhouette makes it the quintessential layering piece for all of your off-duty days.
17. Front Row Shop Faux Fur Coat in Color Block ($102): For Valentine’s Day (and beyond), style this edgy, faux fur topper up with a neck-plunging maxi dress or a gold pleat skirt. Patent ankle booties and a bold red lippy are obligatory.
18. Urban Outfitters Numph Rebecca Parka ($249): This just in: Not all parkas are created equal. Not frumpy in the least, this navy parka with a faux fur hood will instantly edge up any outfit. For a sartorially approved getup, style it with a wooly sweater dress and biker boots.