After a long, freezing winter, all we want to do is get to sandal season already! With a few months to go until that happens (wah!), fight back the winter blues by introducing pops of color back into your life, especially on your lips! Trust us — all it takes to brighten up your pretty complexion and look completely refreshed is a burst of color on your pout. Here are five spring lipstick colors we’re crushing on RN.
1. Poppy: Nothing says spring like a pretty touch of poppy. Don’t worry about too much orange-infusion, though. Glossier designed their Generation Z ($18) matte-based formula to work with your lips, meaning the poppy red will blend in naturally and look fab.
2. Peach: Reach for a crayon like the Chosungah 22 Fullmoon Party Lipstick ($22), which is like combining a balm and lipstick in one. Go for the peach mango color (yum!) and you’ll get a soft, gradient look that blends on easily.
3. Purple: We’ve all been super sad about losing Prince, but that’s not stopping us from celebrating his legacy with more purple! Bring on one of spring’s hottest hues in shades like lilac, purple haze, and a gorg matte lavender like you’ll find in Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick ($21). #Obsessed.
4. Fuchsia: So what if you’re rocking a sweater and coat for a bit longer? All it takes is a few coats of hot pink to look warm-weather ready. We’re loving Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick ($5) in Fuchsia Fusion that will look good with literally anything you wear.
5. Nude: One of the hottest colors this season isn’t actually a color at all. It’s completely a’ight if you’re not into bright pinks or reds. The point of a perfect nude shade is to enhance your natural tone. Try Essence Nude Longlasting Lipstick ($3) in porcelain doll: It looks pretty and will add some moisture back after a long, dry winter.
Ready for more spring style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.