17 Spring Break-Bound Sandals to Score Now
Let’s face it — your frozen toesies are more than ready to come out and play. And with spring break getaways on the horizon, you have a perfect excuse to start investing in sandals right now. Be it a free-wheelin’ pair of slides or some easy mules that will take you from lounging on the beach to grabbing late-night drinks (or both!), open-toed shoes are no longer a total daydream (even if you don’t have a trip in the works… yet). Let us remind you: all of these styles could easily double for April wedding attire, Easter brunch or even your sister’s graduation, making nabbing a pair now a win-win for all parties involved. Whether you have a ticket to paradise or just want to channel warm(er) weather vibes, these are the 17 resort-ready sandals you should snag.
1. J.Crew Collection Sequin Strappy High-Heel Sandals ($398): Spring break cannot come soon enough — go ahead and put these dazzling blue steppers on your need-it-right-now (and can-wear-forever-and-ever) list. From a Hawaiian-inspired luau (complete with colorful leis) to a wedding set in Italy, the sequin blooms won’t go unnoticed.
3. Free People Vegan Maddie Tie Up Sandal ($88): We’re calling it now: these black lace-up sandals are about to become your new hero piece. Save yourself the packing drama by tossing them in your suitcase for a week’s worth of ensembles. Style ‘em with a sarong, palazzo pants — you name it!
4. & Other Stories Patent Leather Cutout Sandals ($135): Your feet are going to love being swept away in these turquoise green sandals that throw a nod to your childhood. The airy cutouts and quirky leaf charm on top can be paired with high-waisted cutoffs for an easy breezy springtime look.
5. Charles & Keith Open-Toe Sandals ($39): These metallic open-toe sandals are right on trend for an after hours-approved getup. When hitting the bar scene during your tropical excursion, style them with an accordion pleat skirt or streamlined culottes. Take note: These beauties are just as conventional for spring bridesmaids and non-traditional brides alike.
7. Maryam Nassir Zadeh Penelope Heeled Mules ($395): These powder blue mules with a chunky heel will be right in line with your minimalist sensibilities. True, they’re an investment, but give they’re the cool-girl mule of choice, you’re bound to get a ton of mileage out of them. Pair with a white skort and lightweight sweatshirt for early mornings or chilly evenings in paradise.
8. Kate Spade Taleen Too Slides ($150): An afternoon spent hanging by the pool calls for an equally off-duty pair of slides. These white ones, adorned with cool holographic shades, will add a dash of whimsy to any romper or swimsuit.
9. Steve Madden Gelicaa Sandals ($70): Inject some color into your spring wardrobe with a pair of fluorescent green crisscross slides. Not only are they sensible enough for a day of playing tourist, but they can be styled on the fly with minutes to spare.
10. H&M Leather Sandals ($60): Keep things on the DL with these beige leather sandals that are practically made for roaming. Did you check out that metallic heel?! For a foolproof look that works every time, slip these flats on with a white tee, a tassel scarf and skinny jeans.
12. Forever 21 Suede Sandals ($13): Enter the toss-on-and-go sandal that won’t cramp your style (or break the bank) one bit. They’re destined for your beachside look or an oceanfront wedding, plus they come in four shades, so grabbing a pair in each hue is a must.
13. Zara Leather Slingback Sandals ($90): Orange you ready to sport these bad boys on the Sunset Strip? Rock these with a Beyoncé-esque jumpsuit and major confidence.
14. Birkenstock Madrid EVA Slide Sandal ($30): A trusty pair of Birks — especially these red Baywatch-esque slides — is obligatory in every beach bag. Rest assured, you won’t find a more comfortable shoe for designated beach days.
15. ASOS Heath Wide Fit Platform Sandals ($72): Embrace your inner flower child with these retro marigold platforms that can be dressed up with a floral maxi or pared down with white capris. They’ll take you from dancing the night away on a cruise ship to a mimosa-filled brunch with a view.
16. Charles & Keith Velcro Strap Sandals ($39): Okay, so these futuristic sandals may or may not remind us of our favorite velcro tennies from grade school (c’mon, just a bit). For a DDG look that’s big on comfort, toss them on with a daring one-piece and mirrored sunnies.
17. Loeffler Randall Saffron Ankle Wrap Sandal ($250): Hot off the (shoe) press: These splurge-worthy Loeffler Randall tassel sandals — in Barbie pink, no less — are worth every penny. (They’re made from Vachetta leather, people!) Just think how stunning they’ll look teamed with a Grecian-inspired maxi for an evening on the veranda.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)