Let’s face it — your frozen toesies are more than ready to come out and play. And with spring break getaways on the horizon, you have a perfect excuse to start investing in sandals right now. Be it a free-wheelin’ pair of slides or some easy mules that will take you from lounging on the beach to grabbing late-night drinks (or both!), open-toed shoes are no longer a total daydream (even if you don’t have a trip in the works… yet). Let us remind you: all of these styles could easily double for April wedding attire, Easter brunch or even your sister’s graduation, making nabbing a pair now a win-win for all parties involved. Whether you have a ticket to paradise or just want to channel warm(er) weather vibes, these are the 17 resort-ready sandals you should snag.
1. J.Crew Collection Sequin Strappy High-Heel Sandals ($398): Spring break cannot come soon enough — go ahead and put these dazzling blue steppers on your need-it-right-now (and can-wear-forever-and-ever) list. From a Hawaiian-inspired luau (complete with colorful leis) to a wedding set in Italy, the sequin blooms won’t go unnoticed.
2. ASOS Foxtrot Leather Tassel Sandals ($38): DO keep a pair of these chartreuse tassel sandals on standby for a laid-back chic look. Whether you’re wearing white shorts and a cold-shoulder top or a dainty eyelet dress, you’ll inevitably reach for these Every. Single. Time.
3. Free People Vegan Maddie Tie Up Sandal ($88): We’re calling it now: these black lace-up sandals are about to become your new hero piece. Save yourself the packing drama by tossing them in your suitcase for a week’s worth of ensembles. Style ‘em with a sarong, palazzo pants — you name it!
4. & Other Stories Patent Leather Cutout Sandals ($135): Your feet are going to love being swept away in these turquoise green sandals that throw a nod to your childhood. The airy cutouts and quirky leaf charm on top can be paired with high-waisted cutoffs for an easy breezy springtime look.
5. Charles & Keith Open-Toe Sandals ($39): These metallic open-toe sandals are right on trend for an after hours-approved getup. When hitting the bar scene during your tropical excursion, style them with an accordion pleat skirt or streamlined culottes. Take note: These beauties are just as conventional for spring bridesmaids and non-traditional brides alike.
6. ASOS Finlay Leather Flat Sandals ($28): Get ready for these metallic stunners to be in rotation all spring (and beyond). When flip flops are too casual, and espadrilles are just too much, these minimal bikini-ready sandals will always do you right.
7. Maryam Nassir Zadeh Penelope Heeled Mules ($395): These powder blue mules with a chunky heel will be right in line with your minimalist sensibilities. True, they’re an investment, but give they’re the cool-girl mule of choice, you’re bound to get a ton of mileage out of them. Pair with a white skort and lightweight sweatshirt for early mornings or chilly evenings in paradise.
8. Kate Spade Taleen Too Slides ($150): An afternoon spent hanging by the pool calls for an equally off-duty pair of slides. These white ones, adorned with cool holographic shades, will add a dash of whimsy to any romper or swimsuit.
9. Steve Madden Gelicaa Sandals ($70): Inject some color into your spring wardrobe with a pair of fluorescent green crisscross slides. Not only are they sensible enough for a day of playing tourist, but they can be styled on the fly with minutes to spare.
10. H&M Leather Sandals ($60): Keep things on the DL with these beige leather sandals that are practically made for roaming. Did you check out that metallic heel?! For a foolproof look that works every time, slip these flats on with a white tee, a tassel scarf and skinny jeans.
11. American Apparel Flat Lattice Jelly Sandal ($24): Bring back all the feels with a pair of neon lattice jellies that prove that the ‘90s are back and better than ever. If you ask us, they’re the ultimate spring break accessory. Adult slip-n-slides, anyone?
12. Forever 21 Suede Sandals ($13): Enter the toss-on-and-go sandal that won’t cramp your style (or break the bank) one bit. They’re destined for your beachside look or an oceanfront wedding, plus they come in four shades, so grabbing a pair in each hue is a must.
13. Zara Leather Slingback Sandals ($90): Orange you ready to sport these bad boys on the Sunset Strip? Rock these with a Beyoncé-esque jumpsuit and major confidence.
14. Birkenstock Madrid EVA Slide Sandal ($30): A trusty pair of Birks — especially these red Baywatch-esque slides — is obligatory in every beach bag. Rest assured, you won’t find a more comfortable shoe for designated beach days.
15. ASOS Heath Wide Fit Platform Sandals ($72): Embrace your inner flower child with these retro marigold platforms that can be dressed up with a floral maxi or pared down with white capris. They’ll take you from dancing the night away on a cruise ship to a mimosa-filled brunch with a view.
16. Charles & Keith Velcro Strap Sandals ($39): Okay, so these futuristic sandals may or may not remind us of our favorite velcro tennies from grade school (c’mon, just a bit). For a DDG look that’s big on comfort, toss them on with a daring one-piece and mirrored sunnies.
17. Loeffler Randall Saffron Ankle Wrap Sandal ($250): Hot off the (shoe) press: These splurge-worthy Loeffler Randall tassel sandals — in Barbie pink, no less — are worth every penny. (They’re made from Vachetta leather, people!) Just think how stunning they’ll look teamed with a Grecian-inspired maxi for an evening on the veranda.
Which of these resort-ready shoes is your favorite? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring trends and colorful style inspo.