We don’t know about you, but this bogus winter weather has got us feeling down. No matter how cute our beanies and snow boots are, we’re kinda ready to tell Jack Frost to take a hike. So to brighten our moods, we’re brightening up our winter wardrobe with color block knits! Those pops and panels of color have to bring a smile to your face even though the weather outside is frightful (it definitely does the trick for us). Get pumped! You’re about to escape the gray scale of winter with these vibrant color block sweaters and cardis.
1. Esprit Color Block Sweater ($102): This sporty sweater really takes color blocking to cool new levels. Each pastel panel breaks up the bold royal blue into a slimming shape that looks super flattering front and back.
2. Oasis Color Block Drape Cardigan ($60): This breezy cardi has it all: a fantastic pop of color, a draped waterfall front, those clean lines! Make it your new go-to travel shawl.
3. Knitted Jumper With a Cable Pattern ($82): There’s no way you won’t be warm in this chunky cable knit sweater, especially with that cozy cowl neck. We love the layered effect it has thanks to the red color block at the sleeves and hem.
4. Talley Sweater ($248): Not only is this red and pink color block sweater the perfect knit for Valentine’s Day (plus a full A-line and platform pumps. Done!), its crew neck and three-quarter sleeves make it an easy piece to toss on any day.
5. Color-Blocked Boatneck Sweater ($119): We’re way into this vertical color block—not only is it refreshingly unexpected, but it also helps to elongate the torso (score!).
6. Contrast-Trim Draped Cardigan ($99): Stripes and color blocks have become the best of buds, and we’re totally on board! This navy and white draped cardigan gets the mix just right, adding a welcome pop of color with bright red trim.
7. Asos Sweater in Color Block ($47): This dainty sweater is making us really excited for spring. The soft yellow color block glows against the heather grey panel and grey-blue sleeves—it just might be our favorite combo of this entire roundup.
8. Sofia Cardigan ($228): Hold up: a cardigan with rainbow color block tipping? It’s the bit of neon your wardrobe needs!
9. Soft Textured Sweater in Blended Cotton ($69): Extra wide stripes totally pass as perfect color blocks on this two-toned sweater. Made of chunky yarn with a speckled rice grain, this cozy piece is perfect for those lazy nights in.
10. Liz Claiborne Colorblock Cardigan ($27): You guessed it, we’re crazy about this cyan cardi. Keep it on the back of your office chair—it’ll look like a dream tossed over a white collared shirt.
11. Designer Black Striped Jumper ($58): While the color combo of orange, white, and black usually make any garment scream Halloween, the balance here is on point. The striped overlay gives this sweater an undeniably modern touch.
12. Colorblock Crewneck Sweater ($78): This crewneck sweater is seriously sleek. Black panels act like racing stripes, giving it a sporty look that can be easily dressed up with a rhinestone statement necklace .
14. Merona Women’s Colorblock Longsleeve Cardigan ($28): It happens to even the savviest of shoppers: you step into Target to pick up some of that green colored, multi-purpose spray cleaner and you walk out with a shopping bag full of clothes. Sigh. It’s not hard to see how it happens with this smart two-pocket cardigan as bait.
15. Coral Color Block Striped Cardigan ($49): How dreamy is this coral color block sweater? We’re big fans of the contrast piping that adds a little structure to this lightweight knit.
How do you brighten up your winter wardrobe? Do you layer on colorful knits? Lace up metallic shoes? Or do you defer to the darks until Spring has sprung? Tell us in the comments below.