The sun’s shining and the mercury has (finally) started rising — it’s officially time to pack up your cold weather threads and usher your closet into the carefree days of summer. Chic beach bags, ballerina-inspired swimwear, and embroidered accessories are already on your radar, but if you’re in need of a few high-impact pieces to round out the rest of your warm weather wardrobe, look no further than the 19 wow-worthy picks below. From square-toed sandals to slip dresses and rainbow bright stripes, these Instababe-approved items are guaranteed to get you a spot on this summer’s best-dressed list.
1. Rainbow Stripes: It girls are taking a technicolor approach to their warm weather style with ultra-bright stripes in knit tees and twirl-worthy frocks at the center of their on- and off-duty ensembles.
2. One-Shoulder Everything: If your Insta feed is any indication, it won’t be long until one-shoulder tops, mini dresses, and rompers will be dominating your #OOTD circuit. Recreate model Rocky Barne’s low-key look with high-waisted cutoffs, minimalist gold statement earrings, and an of-the-moment bamboo bag.
3. Souped-Up Sunnies: Sunglasses don’t just protect your peepers — they drastically change the feel of your look. While a pair of dramatic cat eye glasses would play up Kendall Chase’s Hawaiian blouse’s retro-cool vibe, this quirky circular set makes the getup feel incredibly cutting edge.
4. Embroidered Denim: When it comes to warm-weather denim, flower power is in full effect for 2017. Exhibit A: Julie Sariñana’s flowery overshirt. Upgrade just-your-average cutoffs or a raw-edge denim skirt with botanical details and vibrant accessories for a flawless look every single time.
5. One-Pieces That Go Beyond the Beach: A swimsuit so snazzy that you can rock it anytime, anywhere? We’re so in. And so is María Bernad. The designer and stylist teamed a daring striped one-piece with paper-bag trousers and statement drop earrings for an enviable ensemble that can kick it night or day.
6. Square-Toed Sandals: Espadrilles and gladiators are a given when summer rolls around, but if you’re in the market for something with a bit more oomph, a pair of these sculptural sandals are where it’s at. Dress ’em up with a ruffle-trimmed frock for an upcoming wedding, or play it cool with embroidered denim and a cold-shoulder top.
7. Asymmetric Ruffle Midi Skirts: Introducing the skirt of the season. With its ladylike silhouette and playful frills, it’s the perfect pick for date night and brainstorming sessions in the boardroom.
8. Gingham Girl: Gingham has undergone a major makeover for 2017, shedding its preppy rep and taking on a FROW-ready ‘tude. Test drive the trend with a flirty peplum top a la Lucy Williams, or pop on a pair of architectural ankle trousers for an upcoming interview.
9. LRD (Little Red Dress): ICYMI: Red is the color of the season. Skip the snooze-inducing LBD and opt instead for a sassy little red dress for your bestie’s bachelorette, a weekend getaway, or a leisurely lunch date by the sea.
10. Jaw-Dropping Jumpsuit: When it’s time to get fancy, do like globetrotter Julia Engel and skip the standard floral dress in favor of a sophisticated jumpsuit.
11. Minimalist Gold Statement Earrings: Leave it to It-girl Gala Gonzalez to make Mango earrings (no joke) look like a million bucks. Clean lines and oversized design lend these budget-friendly baubles a totally haute aesthetic that instantly elevates even the most basic threads.
12. Statement Sleeves: Fit for both weekend shenanigans and your girlboss routine (take style cues from Freddie Harrel and style them alongside a pair of airy culottes), trust us when we say they’ll inspire you to become a repeat outfit offender.
13. Circular Straw Bags: Look familiar? It should! Just about every fashionable femme — including art director Erica Choi — out there has this stunner slung over their arm. If you’re not digging the idea of rockin’ a full-blown beach bag on the regular, this snappy style offers a more low-key alternative.
14. Bright Hair Scarves: No beach day is complete without a wide-brim straw hat, but when it’s too hot to function and you need a way to jazz up a day-three ‘do, bright silk scarves are your new BFF. Form and function all rolled into one compact accessory — what’s not to love?
15. Off-the-Shoulder Frocks: Sun’s out, shoulders out. That’s the vibe we’re getting from street style stars such as Louise Roe, who looked ready for a waterfront fête in this breezy striped number.
16. Two-Piece Sets: Matching sets can get a bad rap, but Natalie Lim Suarez proves that coordinates can be straight-up fire when done right. Providing the perfect opportunity to show off a hint of sun-kissed skin, adding one of these dynamite duos to your wardrobe is guaranteed to score you more than a few high fives from the trendsetting set.
17. Classic White Tees: Spanish blogger Alexandra Pereira knows that you just can’t knock a closet classic. A basic white tee makes a cool companion to just about every item in your new season wardrobe — printed sundresses and crop tops included.
18. Slinky Slips: This ’90s-era essential isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. The picture of effortless elegance, slip dresses were practically made for summertime after-hours action. The lightweight material and no-frills style just jibes with the season’s carefree vibes.
19. Basket Bags: Forget the Birkin Bag — this supremely sweet trend delivers just as much style without the hefty price tag. For a foolproof French girl-approved look, pair with high-waisted denim, square-toed mules, and a floral tie-front top.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!