The Edit: Get the Asymmetrical Ruffle Skirt We’re Seeing Everywhere
Summer is synonymous with leggy mini-dresses, white denim, and an endless supply of festival-ready accessories, but there’s one standout piece that should be on your radar for summer 2017: the asymmetrical ruffle skirt. The fabulously feminine style has been popping up everywhere lately, from the racks at Zara to the #OOTD pics dotting your Insta feed. Equal parts elegant and of-the-moment, they’re incredibly versatile. Whether you have a penchant for gingham prints or are a stickler for solids, the 11 options below are guaranteed to get you noticed this season.
1. Mango Gingham Print Skirt ($50): Remember when we said gingham was getting real for summer 2017? We meant it — and this sassy asymmetric skirt is proof. Team it with a bralette and lace-up block heels for a saucy look that slays day or night.
2. J.Crew Ruffle Wrap Skirt ($98): Easy-breezy and elegant, this fabulously feminine skirt is the perfect pick for both early morning meetings and dinner with bae’s parents.
3. Zara Mesh Skirt With Frills ($30): Athleisure enthusiasts, don’t fret! You can get in on the frill-tastic action too without betraying your fuss-free ways. Mesh material gives the silhouette a sports chic edge.
4. Topshop Red Flower Frill Skirt ($55): Not diggin’ the midi? Try this short-and-sassy style on for size. Swap out your trusty pair of cutoffs and team this flowery mini with a band tee and circular straw bag.
5. Sandro Long Asymmetric Ruffled Skirt ($210): When it’s time to get fancy, this is the twirl-worthy skirt you want in your corner. Get ready to command the room when you pair it with a silk cami, glitzy drop earrings, and a sleek box clutch.
6. Loéil Kahlo Skirt ($105): To really make the piece pop, pair it with a solid green silk tee, embellished pumps, and a statement cuff FTW.
7. ASOS Wrap Midi Skirt in Cotton With Ruffle Hem ($40): Round out your summer wardrobe of colorful bikinis, off-the-shoulder tops, and lace-up espadrilles with this supremely sweet ruffle-trimmed skirt.
8. Holding Horses Ria Ruffled Skirt ($118): Consider this raw-edge stunner your new go-to street style sidekick. Dress it down with a knit tank and Jane Birkin-inspired basket, or take it into after-hours territory with a plunging bodysuit and new-age hoops. Bonus: It comes in red too!
9. Band of Gypsies Floral Print Ruffle Skirt ($69): How to gear up for boardwalk strolls and picnics in the park? Ethereal wide brim sun hats, strappy sandals, and this botanical beauty that boasts playful pops of tangerine.
10. Loft Ruffled Wrap Skirt ($70): Form and function — this versatile wrap skirt has it all. Thanks to the midi silhouette and elegant styling, it can make an appearance anywhere, be it a big interview or a Saturday morning flea market.
11. Madewell Ruffle-Wrap Midi Skirt ($98): A skirt that looks fab with stilettos and sneakers? Sign us up! With a cold-shoulder top and a bundle of fresh market flowers in hand, you’ll be channeling summer’s good vibes in no time.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.