8 Ways to Ring in Spring With Jewel-Toned Hair
After a long winter, spring is the perfect time to freshen up your look and transform it into something much more exciting. May we suggest jewel-toned hair? These bold, bright hues can add an unexpected twist to the unicorn hair trend. We’re talking about colors like rose quartz, emerald, sapphire, and more, which you don’t typically see on tresses (even those with rainbow hair). As they fade, the once-vibrant shades lighten to spring-y pastels. Check out these eight gorgeous jewel-toned ‘dos that’ll give you serious spring strand inspo.
1. Rose Quartz: Rose quartz is a girly-girl’s dream. This pastel hue is the ideal combination of light pink and purple, which complements any skin tone.
2. Amber: A fun twist on the typical red head, this amber style mixes in tones of orange and yellow. It’s a sweet option for any ginger gal looking to change up her look, as it involves only a small amount of color. Baby steps, right?
3. Peridot: Talk about a bold yet beautiful hair color! This shade is the perfect hybrid of green and yellow, resulting in a dimensional, lime-like tone. We dig it the most when paired with dark roots for the ultimate contrast.
4. Amethyst: Dimensional, bold, and gorgeous with any skin tone, this amethyst hue is a must-try next time you’re at the salon. Don’t forget the next-level braid!
5. Ruby: Ruby is a rich, luxurious shade that will look beautiful on anyone, regardless of the season — although we’re especially obsessed with the slightly rusty color in the springtime.
6. Aquamarine: If you’re itching for a fun change, aquamarine is one of the bolder jewel tones that makes for a standout statement all season long.
7. Emerald: To anyone who says that green hair is hard to pull off: We beg to differ! Paired with a deeper root color, this teal-meets-blue-meets-purple shade blends together perfectly.
8. Sapphire: Sapphire is a stunning shade to sport if you’re after a serious switch-up to your look. Bonus: If you have blue eyes, this hue will make them especially bright! As it fades, it will transition into the most beautiful pastel blue that’s unique on its own.
Tweet us your favorite hair colors @BritandCo!