While Punxsutawney Phil may have seen his shadow — signifying six more weeks of winter — spring will be here before we know it. With the change of seasons comes the opportunity to hit refresh on all things beauty, especially your hair. Once you’ve got your new haircut, add some subtle highlights or a totally new hue so you’re ready to ring in spring. Scroll below to check out the colors you should consider as the weather warms up.
1. Mocha: One of the colors causing quite a stir in 2017? Mocha. It’s one part chocolate and one part ultra-subtle golden highlights — and it couldn’t be more gorge.
2. Platinum: The IT color of 2017 is white hot. Take a cue from bleach babes like Zoe Kravitz, Michelle Williams and beauty blogger Sarah H. — and go platinum. While the upkeep may be major (just something to keep in mind), the results are nothing short of ice-queen chic.
3. Pastel Pink: Looking for something with major star power? Everyone from Kylie Jenner to Taryn Manning has rocked some iteration of pastel pink. This spring, show off your sweet side with cotton candy-colored locks. Clairol Professional’s new Flare Me line (try the Make ‘Em Blush Pink to nail the pastel trend, when it drops in March 2017 at Sally Beauty) delivers customizable vibrant color for up to five weeks.
4. Blorange: Meet blorange, strawberry blonde’s fiery cousin. Somewhere between blonde and peach, this of-the-moment shade is sure to wow now and as the temps start to rise.
5. Chocolate Brown: A dark shade may at first seem more apropos for fall, but we assure you chocolate brown is a springtime must-try. This deep hue looks fab on all skin tones and won’t compete with bold prints and bright colors that you’ll undoubtedly rock this spring.
6. Baby Blonde: If platinum feels like a few too many hours (and dollars) spent at the salon, why not give baby blonde a shot? This slightly more natural, Goldilocks-esque shade is also great if you’re making the jump from brunette to blonde.
7. Silver: Silver-gray tones have been on our radar for some time now, but this spring it’s all about upgrading with dimensional blondish-white highlights. The look is super modern and slightly edgy — think Evan Rachel Wood.
8. Copper: As the warm weather starts to roll in, why not warm up your color too? We predict copper will make quite a stir this spring.
Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo.