Spring Style Hacks: 5 Items, 10 Ways
As you may have noticed, spring has totally sprung here at Brit + Co, and the style department is no exception. We’ve already shown you 15 of our favorite style tricks to try this season, but now it’s time for a new hack. It’s time for a hack that’s all about packing light and staying on trend, no matter what the occasion. It’s time for this season’s take on how to style 5 basic items, 10 totally different ways!
<br/>1. Hot Pink Circle Scarf (available at American Apparel)
2. Chambray Button-Down (available at Anthropologie)
3. Floral Tank Dress (available at American Apparel)
4. Dark Denim or Black Skinny Jeans
5. Thick Belt (similar one available at Forever 21)
1. Time to Tie One On: The start of spring means the start of outdoor happy hours, dinner when it’s still light out, and a general feeling of merriment in the air. For this look, wrap a circle scarf around your hips and simply tuck at the top.
2. Hot Halter Frock: Roar! This little ensemble is fierce, fiery, and darn easy to recreate. Step into your circle scarf and tie or pin around your neck. Belt it up and you’re done.
3. Country Chic: Call it a Texas bias, but we can’t help but go a little bit country every time we put together a new 10 Ways to Style project. Belt your floral dress, top with the chambray shirt unbuttoned, and find a hefty piece of silver or turquoise (or both!) to seal the deal.
4. Strapless Wrap: How fly is this tube top? We love the layered look, especially with that gorgeous Kate Spade statement necklace.
To create the top, start by folding your circle scarf in half the long way. Twist once so that you have a shape that looks like two triangles. Then simply wrap around your torso and tie in the back.
5. Summer Cocktail: We know, we know. It’s not quite summer yet! But how great is this dress for a cocktail party or even an outdoor summer wedding? Simply step into your circle scarf and tie it up around one shoulder. The material drapes so naturally that it looks like a pretty legit dress!
6. Festival Fashionista: Gotta get our love for boho chic into the mix. To recreate this look, pull your circle skirt up around your waist over the tank dress. At the waist, fold the scarf lengthwise to create more of a bell shape. Then… belt it! We kind of think just these three pieces could be key for Coachella survival.
7. Shrug It Out: For a little extra coverage, you can wear your circle scarf as a shrug. We tucked our tank dress into jeans – gotta love a dress that’s so versatile it doubles as a shirt.
8. Halter Tunic: We’re sort of in love with the dropped waist on this one. And who knew a side braid could look so high fashion?
To create this look, put your circle scarf as a halter dress by tying or pinning around your neck. Now, fold up from the bottom. Pin in the back and put a belt around the whole thing. So cute!
9. Early Spring: Not quite ready for this leg and arm-bearing looks? Keep it simple by wearing your favorite jeans, button-down, and a bright neon scarf.
Eighties It GirlMaybe it’s the side part, but something about this look just screams eighties awesomeness. We took a cue from our post on how to turn a scarf into a vest and made an adorable cropped vest. To make the look a bit more seamless, pull the vest tightly around your torso and tuck under.
Which of the looks above is your favorite? What are your 5 must-have items for a weekend away? Talk to us in the comments below.