Spring Into Style! 15 Trendy Ideas to Try This Season
As of today, March 20th, spring has officially sprung! If you’re a subscriber to our newsletter, you’ve already taken a gander at some of our favorite style tricks for transitioning into spring. And, if you’re one of our Brit Kits subscribers, you might already be making your own chic springy scarf! Here are 15 of our favorite DIY projects for trendy spring style.
1. Repurpose Sweaters into Skirts + Scarves: Got a sweater that’s a little worse for the wear after this winter? Turn it into a skirt or pocket scarf, perfect for brisk spring nights.
2. Get Your Braid On: When changing seasons, the air can do a number on your hair. Battle the frizzies with braid power. Go for a fishtail accent, full-on waterfall, or fancy side braid.
3. Ombre Sponge Manicure: It seems that the trend of ombre is here to stay… on your nails!
4. Turn a Men’s Shirt into a Dress: We love this hack that turns an oversized men’s shirt into a hot sundress. Perfect over skinnies in the spring and on its own in summer!
5. Turn Fabric into a Chic Beach Wrap: Okay it might not be quite warm enough to be prancing around town in a beach wrap. But, if you’re planning on a tropical escape or just want to be armed for summer, take a few minutes to whip up this hot little number.
6. Gold-Tipped Ballet Flats: Flat season is here! No more heavy boots with the thickest socks you can find. Spice up your basic ballet flats by adding gold to the toes and heels.
7. Waterproof Your Shoes: Of course, spring also happens to bring a good amount of rain. Waterproof your canvas shoes with beeswax and a blowdryer.
8. Make the Ultimate Scarf Belt: We’d argue that this one is for more than just spring, but it’s a great way to breathe new life into your old wardrobe. You simply take an old belt, make a few strategic cuts, and you can add any scarf to it!
Part of our 10 Ways to Style series, this post includes 10 ways to transform your classic white tee. We’re loving the cozy cowl neck, baby doll top, and graphic tank.
10. DIY Headbands: Whether you wear them boho-style or the traditional way, headbands are a fun way to add color to your do.
11. Add Chalk to Your Hair: Speaking of adding color to your do, remember hair chalk? We loved this trend last spring and are excited to bring it back with deeper, brighter hues.
12. Turn a Scarf into a Statement Necklace: A few simple knots is all you need to turn your favorite silk scarf into a “beaded” statement necklace.
13. Polka Dot Your Pants: Take a cue from your favorite easter eggs and get dotty with it! We love these polka dot pants.
14. Add Neon Chevron to Your Braid: Can’t quite master the waterfall braid but still want to add a little spice to your basic style? Add neon ribbons to any old braid!
Last, a little DIY throwback action thanks to Velcro Industries! We took an old pair of Converse and turned them into awesome neon kicks, without the laces. Your 80s self just gave you a high five.